Marinating…but in What?

“This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.” Joshua 1:8 (ESV)

Preparation is always a vital instrument.  Our ability to successfully outwit the adversary is to sensor the type of “marinating” that our spirit man is being exposed to.  Today, as never before, it is essential that we are ever cautious and remain on our guard concerning the types of material that we are constantly permitting to enter through our ear and eye gates.  Far too often we are permitting our spirits to be marinated with; and to become saturated with the concepts of this world – without our knowledge. However, if we maintain the proper relationship with the Lord, He will always alert us to the ploys of the enemy.

Don’t permit your spirit to become desensitized to what God has established as our foundational principles and guidelines.  With the advancements in technology, we have the ability to have God inspired material at our disposal as often as we desire. Therefore, it is our responsibility to “choose” what we will permit our spirits to bask, soak… marinate in.   

Here is a prime example.  I very, very rarely watch television.  However, a program had come on after the news that caught my attention. I think that it was some type of detective story. About a minute into the program; the Lord said, “You can’t watch this”.  So I immediately turned it off.  When I asked Him why, He said that the program had the potential to introduce the spirit of fear and deceit into my spirit.  He also said that if I had permitted my spirit to marinate in such for an hour – I would have availed myself to every negative concept from the program.  Now… would I have gone to hell for watching the program?  Absolutely not.  However, like Sampson, upon my next encounter with the enemy; I would not have had the necessary wisdom, power and authority.  If we are going to stay at least a step or two ahead of our adversary – we must be on our alert at all times.  Everything that is a “good” thing may not be a “God” thing! 

We can’t possibly be aware of every current device that the enemy will use in an attempt to bring defeat and or demise to our plan of action.  However, when we begin to marinate in the presence of the Lord, we will have the ability to maintain a consciousness of Him – that will always alert us to every potential adverse situation.

Yes… preparation is vital.  Remember, marinating is a preparatory process.  It is a current procedure, whose results assure us of our future success. The problem is not “if” we are marinating…. But “what” we using as our marinating substance.

“I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.” Psalm 119:15 ESV

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Notes from syllabus 

when we begin to marinate in the presence of the Lord, we will have the ability to maintain a consciousness of Him – that will always alert us to every potential adverse situation.

Yes… preparation is vital.  Remember, marinating is a preparatory process.  It is a current procedure, whose results assure us of our future success. The problem is not “if” we are marinating…. But “what” we using as our marinating substance.

“I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.” Psalm 119:15 ESV

Matthew Poole's Commentary

Shall not depart out of thy mouth, i.e. thou shalt constantly read it, and upon occasion discourse of it, and the sentence which shall come out of thy mouth shall in all things be given according to this rule.

Meditate therein, i.e. diligently study, and frequently and upon all occasions consider what is God’s will and thy duty. The greatness of thy place and employments shall not hinder thee from this work, because this is the only rule of all thy private actions and public administrations.

According to all that is written therein; whereby he teacheth him that it is his duty to see with his own eyes, and to understand the mind and law of God himself, and not blindly to follow what any other should

• My God, yes, preparation is one of the dynamic tools for a focus-minded-Leadershifter to add to their defense belt. Having a sense of direction, an ear to hear our Kingdom of God when He speaks, allowing our mind to remain focus, marinating on the pin-point subject at hand. Yes, that is the questions; “Marinating…but in What?”, that is a powerful statement and right now question. We as a becoming authentic leadershifter; had to put a halt to quit a bit; as stated allow our spirit to be “marinated” on this world, people within it and circumstance that was out of our hands. HalleluYAH. And Yes, we were alerted, shaken and pull to the side, to gain our attention. Yes, that is an awesome analogy, that is what our Father will do, he will speak to our spirit if we are about to watch or interact with something that will deter our insight on His plan. Our magnesium would’ve of weaken if we proceed to watch or engage in an activity. Yes, we love it, “Everything that is a “good” thing may not be a “God” thing!” taking the TIME to ask our Kingdom of God, Is This You? Am I supposed to go after? As David “He inquired of the Lord”, “Shall we pursue and go after; and the Lord said, “Yes, you shall pursue and capture all”.  Right we know it all; but we will have a closeness with our Father; to know, but marinating on the word of God, begin to open our mouth and asking our Kingdom of God, and waiting for the answer will open up and we’ll begin to recognize and replicate our Lord Saviour, to be more like Jesus.   We thank you Apostle Boatwright for this powerful teaching. What are we going to marinat on this day? What scriptures shall we read that will benefit us, will we worship in spirit and in truth? HalleluYAH! 

• Praise God just thanking God for this word of marinating Hallelujah it is definitely vital that we stay on alert I have been reading myself a book about how we can be successful women and it brings to our attention that we didn't pay attention to before hand and how our way of thinking was before we became successful and one of the things that it was talking about was being aware and alert and really get yourself to thinking outside of the box and coming to this reading upon marinating what are we marinating our spirits in it just makes sense you know we weren't aware of what we were marinating our spirit in before. So yes we want to know what we are soaking in because if its toxic we need to be rid of it. I thank God that I was reading this on today because it's great and good to be aware of your spirit. We see how easily it can be to soaked into the wrong stuff but if you want to make sure that you are two steps ahead as Bishop Claudia said by being alert being aware be very mindful what you are letting around you and in your spirit HalleluYah thank God for this reading.

• marinating on that Lord and to Marinate on your gifts take dedication. Let me ask mycellf Prophetess Lapresha are you willing to marinate and meditate on your gift daily. Yes you can and you will don't care what comes your way. You gotta know your power look at Samson he knew God has given him the power and he could do different things. But he was still kindof lost he was lacking the most important gift of all he had it he just didn't unlock in when it came to the opposite sex he was weak. He lacked Spritiual discernment.  And thats with us today God is giving us the tools right her to marinate in our power so we can be strong because the no name will send whoever to come in our way to get us no to focus on marinating and meditating on our gifts. We gotta be ahead of them and we must have a plan A, and a plan B, and etc.. 

• Hallelujah praise God for another powerful reading, this is good stuff for me because alot of the time I allow my spirit man to be manrinate in stuff that I feel is harmless but in all reality if it's not Godly or going to bring you closer to God it is harmful to my spirit 

• Wow this wisdom for me I never looked at it that way what we choose to look at with our eyes can cause certain spirits to come into us.

•  I love the story, your perspective on what we choose to marinate on. Amen

• Amen, Prophetess Sonseeahray M. Foster:

I like when you've stated, "...readiness meaning I have the faith to believe the invisible will be made visible."

Prophetess Sonseeahray M. Foster said:

Amen, I agree we should walk in the spirit as the five wise virgins(Matthew 25:1-13). Being in a state of readiness meaning I have the faith to believe the invisible will be made visible.

• This was a good read.  I've come to understand that in order to shift and lead God's people accordingly, you must prepare yourself accordingly.  Amen!

• Amen, I agree we should walk in the spirit as the five wise virgins(Matthew 25:1-13). Being in a state of readiness meaning I have the faith to believe the invisible will be made visible.

This reply was deleted.