CHARACTER—who you are becoming on the inside. Your character forms the “root” of your ministry. “The root of the righteous yields fruit” (Proverbs 12-vs-12). Your effectiveness is the fruit. Ministries can be “successful” for a season on energy and gifts but a leader whose gifts outweighs his character will eventually falter. Apart from character, ministry is merely religious activity. Character is the foundation for effective leadership. Your effectiveness in ministry will be an overflow of who you are and who you are is the single most important aspect you of your ministry. Character is comprised of honesty- -conforming our words to what is true, integrity– conforming our lives to our words–our “yes” is “yes,” consistency, loyalty, discipline, and allowing God to conform us to the image of Christ through His Spirit and Word–all developed over time. In most other professions character is optional. In ministry, it is indispensable.

FAITH—believing and responding to God. A leader can be developing in his character and skills yet without faith he will not be effective. (Psalm 78-vs-9) says that “the men of Ephraim were equipped with bows yet turned back in the day of battle.” They had the skills–they were great shots but they did not have the faith to go forward in the day of battle. Faith is the indispensable ingredient to effectiveness.

SKILLS—the “how-to's” of your job. A leader can exhibit strong sanctified character and not be effective because he hasn’t developed the skills required to do the job. (Psalm 78-vs-72) says that King David “shepherded them according to the integrity of his heart and guided them with a skillful hand.” (Proverbs 22-vs-29) says, “Do you see a man skilled in his work, he will stand before kings…” Ministry skills, people skills, communication skills, administrative skills and leadership skills all need to be developed and honed. What things do you need to learn in order to reach your goals? Growth always involves learning new skills. Leading is learning. Work to become an expert at the job of being a team leader in the kingdom of God.

THEY DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE IMPORTANT, THE NECESSARY, AND THE URGENT

THE IMPORTANT components of your job as a leader are the “right things” that must be done in order to be effective over the long-haul. Although they may not even be written in your job description as a leader in the Kingdom of God. They are of utmost importance because they contribute to the accomplishment of your mission, your values, and ultimately define who you will become as a person and leader. Important things rarely scream for your attention or seem urgent. They are often difficult to measure and can be neglected for a time without any harm. However, if these are neglected over a period of time you will not have the personal resources to lead your ministry. Practically speaking, the important aspects of your job have to do with development of learning who you are and how to utilize your gifts.

a) Developing, renewing, and restoring your relationship with God. This is your daily time meeting with God, in His Word and prayer. We cannot engage in spiritual warfare without sufficient spiritual resources. You need time to recharge your spiritual batteries–to refill the well from which you minister. If your responsibilities are greater than your resources, you will slowly burn out. Genuinely walking with the Lord is not merely important but it is essential to everything we are and do.

b) Developing your relationships with those who are most important to you–your wife,husband, children, friends, ministerial team,and disciples. You cannot neglect those closest to you in your quest to reach the kingdom of God or world.

c) Developing your mind. Reading, studying, reflecting, thinking are important aspects of your gift. When you stop learning, you stop growing. Remember, you are not developing your mind simply to grow personally but also to be a more effective resource and minister to others.

d) Developing your skills. It is never a waste of time for a woodcutter to sharpen his ax.

e) Developing your vision and plan. You cannot effectively lead without knowing from God where you should be doing and going.

Isn’t it interesting that, under pressure, the first thing to go is our time with the Lord, then time with those who are most important to us? We need to learn to eliminate those things at the bottom of the list of important things rather than those things at the top.

THE URGENT. The important had to do with doing “the right things.” The necessary had to do with doing “things right.” The urgent has to do with doing things “right now.” These are the fires that need to be put out–things which require our immediate attention–crisis,  conflicts, emergencies, deadlines, etc. Urgent things are part and parcel of the job. They are “the tyranny of the urgency of the hour.” There is a difference between dealing with the urgent and being controlled by them. As one man wisely stated, “Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of those things which matter least. We react to the urgent but we need to consciously act to accomplish the important. 

Allow God to lead you, and focus on the giver, and not the gifts, and that is when your gifts will allow you to flow. 

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 1
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One important factor or taken an observation from within us, we had to remember that “we” are an individual, one that God created in a certain way, there is no other as we are, God created us in a unique way with very interesting talents, charters, beliefs, intuitions, values and so forth, strong. And we’ve notice that in some situations, circumstances people were not please, understanding who we really are. Our character is strong, due to the fact how God created us to be, faithfulness, (loyal), honesty, straight to the point, get emotional attach, not sure if that is good or not so good. We understand that our character is the "root" the foundation that we must build from. Our character holds all the other components and must be strong enough to withstand. With faith, we believe that it has grown over the years, and still climbing, stand on the Word of God, hearing His voice and believing what He is saying, and taking actions it that very thing. Skills in our leadershift role is still being develop, we are understanding more and more about being a true leadershifter, creating an authentic ministerial, people and communication skills to assist in the Kingdom of God. We totally agree with the “importance” of our performance as leadershifter, doing the right things, placing priorities in order, “Practically speaking, the important aspects of your job have to do with development of learning who you are and how to utilize your gifts.” This is an awesome statement and breaks it down completely. That’s where we know we are honestly in the “Developing” stage within ourcelves, within our ministries, to become the best leadershifter we are to be. We understand that now is the time, no more waiting, now is the time. Great read on this day. We will save this in our special place.

• We must know our character and to get it rooted in God. We must get effectiveness so we can allow our fruit to grow. Faith we must believe in ourselves. We must notr run from our calling but to embrance it. We don't want to be like thoses men that are in Ps. 78:9 how they was trained and equipped for the job and got afraid and ran on the day of battle. How many of us had done that? I know i have Lord please forgive me. Skills I need to learn every single skill all over again far as Ministry skills, people skills, communication skills, adminstrative skills, and leadershifter skills. I am most definitely willing to go forward with learning them all over again.  The most important we must learn how to follow the mission statement of God has for us and to follow his values as well. As we do with our regular jobs. 

Yes we must always recharge and to develop out time to renewing our spiritual time and with God by minister to ourselves. If our resources is way more responsibilities thaan we will burn out if we don't take care of our spiritual realm but recharging. 

I will not no long neglect my team when it comes to doing the quest of the Lord we are an team and we must do everything together as an whole. So we can reach the kingdom of God more and more. If we keep our team together as a whole God  will allow us to go deeper into the purpose because he see's how faithful we are to eachother. 

I must definitely keep my mind reading, studying, reflecting, and thinking on what's important to God. When we stop learning our mind will stop growing oh trust me I know that to be true. I had did that for five years of my life not studying anything and not allowing myself to grow. I was lost with out God and my life was not a good walk with out learning anything in life. I thought once I got out of school I was done with learning. I should've known that not to be true but that's how funny my mind made be believe. So studying and reading is important so forreal. It was a time were I didn't read to much at all I was afraid to read. However, now I read alot not so excited to learn more daily. 

I am very happpy to develop my skills it is always good to train and become sharpen and for our ax to be ready and sharpen for battle. We must become a woodcutter and cut unecessary things that don't belong to us. 

We must have vision and a plan that God as given you. If God hasn't given you a plan or a blueprint to get started with you plan r vision then you get train so you can get started. And right now he has not given me the blueprint or the plan yet. So that means he want us to continue to train until it is time.  He will know when I am ready in do time. 

The urgent is to do the right thing and learning how to deal with crisis, conflicts, emergenices, and deadline. on our purpose. We can't rush and think that we are going to complete something by the deadline. However, we may have crisis, conflict, but we must know we can handle it all. Don't allow it to control us we control it. We must know ministry is fun not hardwe gotta stop making it that way. Just trust in God and continue to move forward. 

• I just have to say that is a great read about letting things go that needs to be let go that's at least important and keep those things at the top closest to you which is God's priority Hallelujah God is our first priority our first choice our first person we think of to talk to. I have to admit I have afterwards spoke to family or friends about a situation after I spoke with God about it and became a big mess you know a little conflict between myself on you know  taking in consideration what they said but I'll definitely still follow what God says about the situation so to just eliminate all that extraness though of advice that was given in things let's just let that go all together so we can stop being in conflict with ourselves about what was told verses what we're taking into consideration and just speak to God about it  therefore we will be at peace and our minds and our spirit HalleluYah so I just thank God for this it reminded me that you know it's just good to just come to God about certain situation so God can let you know what is important to take care of first instead of running into someone else taking into consideration with their saying and then be in doubt and then be in confusion so I just thank God for this because on today I have to say reading this I'm going to be working on that and be a changed woman HalleluYah.

• Answering the question i missed..What skills do i stilll need to sharpen to become a great leader what i still need to work on? i say its still being a leader leadership and Ministry skills still need to sharpen it turning things up a knotch or two. Praise God.

• a) Developing, renewing, and restoring your relationship with God. This is your daily time meeting with God, in His Word and prayer. We cannot engage in spiritual warfare without sufficient spiritual resources. You need time to recharge your spiritual batteries–to refill the well from which you minister. If your responsibilities are greater than your resources, you will slowly burn out. Genuinely walking with the Lord is not merely important but it is essential to everything we are and do. Praise God yes we must Recharge our battiers dailty adndnd make sure we are getting enough resources so we wont burn out thats with anything really business ministry. I agree. i can see how it can burn you out tryin to fullfill it all. I Been there and needed a recharge. Glad im learning how to properly handle things so i wont burn out or run low again. HalleluYah.

b) Developing your relationships with those who are most important to you–your wife,husband, children, friends, ministerial team,and disciples. You cannot neglect those closest to you in your quest to reach the kingdom of God or world. I Agree i need to do better with development with my children and minstral team. Because neglecting those closet to you our not really being in tune or on the same page i been there before myself and have learned from it and im still growing and doing much better. Because its good when we all together on one accord. 

c) Developing your mind. Reading, studying, reflecting, thinking are important aspects of your gift. When you stop learning, you stop growing. Remember, you are not developing your mind simply to grow personally but also to be a more effective resource and minister to others. We have found this to be true it is very important to keep studying refreshing your mind with everything that you have learned and it's not just for you it's for anyone else to come that needs to know what you have been passed down to know and what God has given you so we definitely agree with how you should be refreshing your mind developing it more and more it is good to learn everyday and daily cuz God is growing you and bringing you out so is good for you to pass that on to someone else to help them grow.

d) Developing your skills. It is never a waste of time for a woodcutter to sharpen his ax. No its not a waste of time to Develop your skills tue more the better so we want to keep our gifts sharp and ready. At all times. It vital we keep it activated because you never know what God may need to show you through that gift. Ne'eman. maybe new insight on how manage it. So yes keep it activated and ready to use. Always be ready.

e) Developing your vision and plan. You cannot effectively lead without knowing from God where you should be doing and going. This is so true as well how will we know the next move if we not focus on the vision he gave us to follow. i am gulity of this myself being off of my square the vision he game me but when i pulled back and said enough is enough its time to follow this vision and insight he gave me. i been succeeding. every since. 

Isn’t it interesting that, under pressure, the first thing to go is our time with the Lord, then time with those who are most important to us? We need to learn to eliminate those things at the bottom of the list of important things rather than those things at the top. HalleluYah so I just thank God for this it reminded me that you know it's just good to just come to God about certain situation so God can let you know what is important to take care of first instead of running into someone else. It is Best to just keep it with the Lord.

• Blessings and GM Prophetess Domonique, how are you doing on this Terrific day? Below are the appendix questions, and alphabetic segments, that all the LeaderShifters needs to answer, honestly, and wholeheartedly. Thank you 😇

a) Developing, renewing, and restoring your relationship with God. This is your daily time meeting with God, in His Word and prayer. We cannot engage in spiritual warfare without sufficient spiritual resources. You need time to recharge your spiritual batteries–to refill the well from which you minister. If your responsibilities are greater than your resources, you will slowly burn out. Genuinely walking with the Lord is not merely important but it is essential to everything we are and do.

b) Developing your relationships with those who are most important to you–your wife,husband, children, friends, ministerial team,and disciples. You cannot neglect those closest to you in your quest to reach the kingdom of God or world.

c) Developing your mind. Reading, studying, reflecting, thinking are important aspects of your gift. When you stop learning, you stop growing. Remember, you are not developing your mind simply to grow personally but also to be a more effective resource and minister to others.

d) Developing your skills. It is never a waste of time for a woodcutter to sharpen his ax.

e) Developing your vision and plan. You cannot effectively lead without knowing from God where you should be doing and going.

Isn’t it interesting that, under pressure, the first thing to go is our time with the Lord, then time with those who are most important to us? We need to learn to eliminate those things at the bottom of the list of important things rather than those things at the top.

• Ne'eman I agree you have to have faith and respond to God do what he asks in order to be effective.

•  This reading has summarized everything over the years that God has showed me through scripture and also through visions I believe that is very necessary to stand up for what is right and do the right thing because obedience is better than sacrifice.

• amen
This reply was deleted.