2 Kings 6:15-23

New International Version (NIV)

15 When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.

16 “Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”

17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

18 As the enemy came down toward him, Elisha prayed to the Lord, “Strike this army with blindness.”So he struck them with blindness, as Elisha had asked.

19 Elisha told them, “This is not the road and this is not the city. Follow me, and I will lead you to the man you are looking for.” And he led them to Samaria.

20 After they entered the city, Elisha said, “Lord, open the eyes of these men so they can see.” Then the Lord opened their eyes and they looked, and there they were, inside Samaria.

21 When the king of Israel saw them, he asked Elisha, “Shall I kill them, my father? Shall I kill them?”

22 “Do not kill them,” he answered. “Would you kill those you have captured with your own sword or bow? Set food and water before them so that they may eat and drink and then go back to their master.” 23 So he prepared a great feast for them, and after they had finished eating and drinking, he sent them away, and they returned to their master. So the bands from Aram stopped raiding Israel’s territory.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome story , no weapon formed against me shall prosper, if you really have God nobody can be against you God will take care of you.

• Our Lord will handle anything that comes are way. God is so good

• Blessings, I agree with you Pastor Cheryl Kehl, God showed mercy at this time and it changed their heart.

Pastor Cheryl Kehl said:
    Awesome God will give us wisdom on how to conquer our enemies and show mercy on them to the point that they are no longer interested in defeating you. What a mighty and wise a God we serve.
  • My God when our mouth, eyes , heart (spiritual, and natural) get one accord  than we'll be able walk true  Kingdom Minstry.

• Amen, A PHONE EXAMPLE OF OVER COMING EVIL WITH GOOD TO GOD BE THE GLORY
  • Apostle Trina,

I agree with you totally when you stated, "There is great authority and power...". I believe when we walk in God's authority, prophesy the truth when God speaks, it's a blessing to others and to the body of Christ.  As I study walking in God's authority on my own, I've come to realize that God never "asked, begged, or negotiated" when He.  Mostly, He used illustrations, gave simple instructions, and made simple statements.  

Apostle Trina Davis said:

It's important to obey the Lord as He speaks through the prophets because if not it could cost you... When the Lord speaks it's imperative to act quickly... There is great authority and power God's prophet/seer has...

• TraShawn, this is a great response.  I agree too that Elisha understood the importance of seeing situations with his "spiritual eye" v/s his "natural eye".  Oftentimes in life, if one doesn't fully understand the difference between the two "prophet v/s seer" one can become confuse and misuse one's gift due to the lack of understanding. 

TraShawn Love-Williams said:

This is so awesome!! It show if God be for us Who can stand against us! Elisha was no longer looking through his natural eyes but his spiritual eyes (Eagle Eye).this shows why it is so vital to function in the spiritual realm when waging warfare. God was right there to hear and do what Elisha requested. Elisha also teaches compassion in the fact that he could have ask God to kill them with the host of chariots of fire being there but asked to blind them instead so that he could show his enemies compassion, and in showing compassion there was peace.
  • Wow God is Aweesome and Amazing. He always lets us know if we going to far with things or its just enough giving us the understanding we need and making us think twice about our choices. praise him.
  • ask in his name and he will answer you to all those who obey 

• It's important to obey the Lord as He speaks through the prophets because if not it could cost you... When the Lord speaks it's imperative to act quickly... There is great authority and power God's prophet/seer has...

This reply was deleted.