Disclaimer

The courses, training opportunities, and materials, as well as instructions, are intended for educational purposes. They are neither designed to give legal advice nor take the place of appropriate legal, professional, or medical consultation. As laws vary from State to State and from, Country/Providence to Country /Province, participants are advised to discuss any specific question(s) with the proper authority (ies). The purpose of this information is to equip learners to more fully understand the needs of individuals, and to be able to offer motivational, inspirational, and supportive information.

It’s the same truth that we find in Romans 8:28-30: “And we know that in all things God works
for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those
God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be
the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he
also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

Calling people is a vital part of God’s work in the world
There are many different biblical examples of call which show many possibilities.
♦ It may be a call to leadership, as in the case of Moses.
♦ It may be a promise of protection regarding her descendants , as in the case of the slave
women Hagar.
♦ It may be a prophesy of things to come, as in the case of the boy Samuel.
♦ It may be a call to missionary proclamation, as it came to the unwilling prophet Jonah.
♦ It may be an invitation to motherhood, as in the case of the young virgin Mary.
♦ It may be a call to disciplemaking, as it came to Peter and Andrew, James and John from
Jesus.
♦ It may be a call to conversion, as it came to Saul on the road to Damascus.
Each of these persons heard God’s call in very specific yet different ways. All of them heard the
voice of God in some dramatic fashion.
Have personal stories, scripture, resources linked to each of these examples. . .

As I read the scriptures I get the strong sense that God calls every person in at least two ways.
1. There is the call to salvation. For some it comes quietly over a period of time. For
others it comes powerfully and dramatically. Link to personal stories
2. There is the call to serve God, to minister in the name of Jesus in the church and in the
world. Like the call to salvation, this call takes different shapes for us. 

How do we hear God’s voice?
How can we be sure that it is God speaking and not simply our own desires expressing
themselves? How do we find confirmation from others for God’s call to ministry?

♦ Inner call is like God in the heart, speaking to us. It comes through the Holy Spirit

♦ Outer call is the confirmation of others who know us. In the case of a call to pastoral
ministry, we confirm the call of individuals through the vote of a church or through the
credentialing process of a conference

Discerning Call
The Society of Friends, or Quakers, offers a clearness process to confirm God’s voice in
important decisions such as marriage or vocation

If you have a sense that God is calling you to a particular ministry, feel free to tell me about it. Or if you have a sense that God is calling someone else, give them some encouragement.

After reading this article, how do you feel about answering the call? Explain Why?

What if someone come to you and ask for advice about their calling in God, how will you respond? Explain How?

Views: 815

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After reading this article, how do you feel about answering the call? Explain Why?  

I thank God for allowing me to overcome my fear of walking in my purpose in God.  Now that I have overcame my fear, I can walk confidently in my purpose within the Ministry of God

What if someone come to you and ask for advice about their calling in God, how will you respond? Explain How?

I would first ask them if they were sure it was the voice of God that they heard.  Then, I would pray for them in order that God would indeed confirm to them that it was his voice that they heard.  Lastly, I would ask them does what God spoke to them lines up with his Word in the Bible.  In everything, God will confirm it to us.

We were born with a purpose an it was simple to glorify our father in heaven

I FEEL OVER JOYED AND PRIVILEGED TO SERVE THE LORD. I KNOW IT WON'T ALWAYS BE EASY BUT I KNOW THAT IF GOD BROUGHT ME TO IT HE WILL BRING ME THROUGH IT!! IS SOMEONE CAME TO ME AND ASKED MY ADVICE ABOUT THEIR CALLING IN GOD, I WOULD TELL THEM IF THEY KNOW THAT GOD HIMSELF CALLED THEM THEN BY ALL MEANS IT'S HIGH TIME THEY GET TO WORK I WOULD TELL THEM TO GO TO I AM A RUBY SCHOOL OF THE PROPHETS AND GET THEIR PROPER TRAINING GET LICENSED OR ORDAINED AND LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR THE KINGDOM
amen

I feel that it’s time that I publicly answer the call for my life. I’ve always known that I’ve had a prophetess gift since age ten. However, my gift truly revealed itself even more at the age of sixteen. With that said, I feel more attune in terms of answering my call.

However, during Week 6 or Week 7, I was informed that I have a calling to be a pastor. To be honest, I’m not shocked. I just never really wanted to walk in this title fully even though I’ve spoken at various churches regularly as a “speaker”.

But one day, God came to me and said, “If you are ashamed of me, I’ll be ashamed of you.” It’s not that I’m afraid of being a pastor, I just understand that it calls for a deeper yielding, understanding for God’s people. I always worked in the business sector, but I hear God saying that I’m being called to a higher calling…a higher order as a pastor and shepherding over His people. A pastor means not just giving a prophetic word, it means looking over God’s people at a higher level when I was just getting use to walking in the realm of a prophetess publically. God is truly pushing me outside my comfort zone in this season, but I’m ready for the call.

I would tell them to pray. Seek God’s face. Ask God what path or direction is He leading you. Read your word more. Seek wise counsel. And last but not least, if you can afford it, attend a Bible school or certificate program…or connect with like-minded people who will help you understand your calling more and can direct you on the right path.

Hello Tracy,

I truly believe that we were born with purpose.  I'm so looking forward to God pushing me into my purpose daily.

Tracy green said:

We were born with a purpose an it was simple to glorify our father in heaven

hearing and knowing the voice of God is vital to knowing your call, you cant answer a call unless you know who is calling you, the bible says to make your calling and election sure. knowing your call with all surety enables you to begin the process of walking in your call .God calls with a purpose, its so important that when we hear the call that we answer it with the mindset of fulfilling the purpose

Amen bless you Prophetess Irene, Jesus was the greatest example of true servant-hood. 

Irene Jones said:

I always had a serving spirit in me. I have a passion for people who are hurting emotionally.  I love to pray for people.  I have a passion for ministry in my heart.

Well at first when you and Bishop Boatwright confirm in meeting with me I was taken back because GOD has a great works for me and even as a child growing up the elders around the neighborhood where I grew up always said that I have a calling on my life and I thank GOD for the calling on my life AMEN.

Amen, bless you Pastor Mother Pat. Yes, God has a great calling on your life, and you must be ready to walk in it with Power, Patience, Authority, and love in Jesus name. HalleluYAH

Pat Donaldson said:

Well at first when you and Bishop Boatwright confirm in meeting with me I was taken back because GOD has a great works for me and even as a child growing up the elders around the neighborhood where I grew up always said that I have a calling on my life and I thank GOD for the calling on my life AMEN.

I honestly believe that god has called me to serve him, I'm taking this course to help me find out what he wants me to do. I have gifts and talents but I'm wanting god to speak to me,let me know.

I would explain is similar to this reading.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Queen Chief Apostle T(M. W.).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video