Today’s Truth
This I know: God is for me. (Psalm 56:9, CSB)

Friend to Friend 
I often try to quiet fear by pretending it doesn’t exist. Clever... I know. But alas, it does exist and that’s not always a bad thing. To the contrary, it can actually keep us safe in the proper context. When my house was struck by lightning and lit with fire, fear sounded an emotional alarm, insisting that I escape - and fast. In this instance, fear was good. It kept me safe.

In many instances, however, fear is not good. I’ve found that while it’s natural to be afraid at times - human, even - it’s best to not allow feelings of fear to consume and control large spaces of real estate in my heart. In Psalm 56, David handles the intersection of his fear and faith nicely.

In Psalm 56, captured by the Philistines in Gath, and in Psalm 57, hiding in a cave to escape the pursuit of Saul, David sifted through honest feelings of vulnerability and desperation. I imagine his reality was one of the shaky hands, pulse raging wild and brows soaked in sweat. Yet fear was silenced as he made the powerful decision to redirect his emotions toward a more productive, more faith-filled response when David chose to trust God.

By choosing to trust God in the hiding and in the chains, David’s fear shifted to faith.

Faith shuts the mouth of fear.

“When I am afraid, I will trust you.” (Psalm 56:3, CSB)

“You yourself have recorded my wanderings. Put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book? Then my enemies will retreat on the day when I call. This I know: God is for me.” (Psalm 56:8-9, CSB)

These weren’t just flippant statements or memorized verses. These were sturdy declarations. Deliberate choices made by a deeply determined worshiper. The kind of choices that change and calm a frantic heart. The kind of choices that speak peace to anxiousness. The kind of choices we can make when we’re afraid. The kind of choice we can make when fear screams loud within.

Bring it. Fear is a liar. We can choose faith, knowing God is for us. Decision made.

Let’s Pray
Dear Lord, Sometimes the anxiousness and fear in my heart can overwhelm me. But You promise to be faithful at all times and are deliberate to catch every tear in a bottle. This is true no matter what has me hiding or running. Please lead my heart to Your freedom, grace, strength, and peace today.
In Jesus’ Name, 
Amen.

Now It’s Your Turn
Draft a deeply-determined-worshiper declaration of your own! Fill in the blanks:
“When I am ________________________, Lord I will ____________________.”

Write that in your journal. Write 3 or 4 different variations of it! Make a powerful decision today to redirect your emotions toward more productive, faith-filled responses. 

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• When I am not able to be consistent thing I try to do for my life, Lord I will Trust in you to make a way for me to be more consistent and dedicated to everything I whether it's my Ministry or my Business or Teaching my Children I know you got me. 

• I decree and declare that when i am alone, Lord I will trust in you.

When I am afraid, Lord I will trust in you.

When I feel like my back is against the wall Lord I will cry out to you and seek your face.

For fear is silenced when we make the powerful decision to redirect our emotions toward a more productive more faith filled response when i trust in you Oh God.

• “When I am fearful, Lord I will trust you.”

“When I am in a hard place and need to make a sound decision, Lord I will seek you,

“When I am in a state of less than 100% in my body, Lord I will depend on you. Walking in the Spirit of healing

“When I am in a place of less than 100% in my life; Lord I will begin to speak life in all my situations, in every arena of my life.”

• Ne'eman

• Fear can be a plus, were you respond to a dangerous situation in a positive way as a result of fear, and fear can be a negative if you allow it to over take your heart which in re-turn will cause depression and depression effects your physical health.

Here is my deeply-determined-worshiper declaration:

“When I am sad, Lord I will think on what is noble, lovely, pure, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.”

When I am financially tight, I will trust you even the more Jehovah Jireh.    

When I am lonely, I will come boldly before the throne of grace soak in your presence and seek your face.

This reply was deleted.