June -- Juno's month
July -- Julius Caesar's month
August -- Augustus Caesar's month
September -- the seventh month
October -- the eighth month
November -- the nineth month
December -- the tenth month

A History of the Months

The original Roman year had 10 named months Martius "March", Aprilis "April", Maius "May", Junius "June", Quintilis "July", Sextilis "August", September "September", October "October", November"November", December "December", and probably two unnamed months in the dead of winter when not much happened in agriculture. The year began with Martius "March". Numa Pompilius, the second king of Rome circa 700 BC, added the two months Januarius "January" and Februarius "February". He also moved the beginning of the year from Marius to Januarius and changed the number of days in several months to be odd, a lucky number. After Februarius there was occasionally an additional month of Intercalaris "intercalendar". This is the origin of the leap-year day being in February. In 46 BC, Julius Caesar reformed the Roman calendar (hence the Julian calendar) changing the number of days in many months and removing Intercalaris.

January -- Janus's month

Middle English Januarie
Latin Januarius "of Janus"
Latin Janu(s) "Janus" + -arius "ary (pertaining to)"
Latin Januarius mensis "month of Janus"

Janus is the Roman god of gates and doorways, depicted with two faces looking in opposite directions. His festival month is January.

Januarius had 29 days, until Julius when it became 31 days long.

February -- month of Februa

Middle English Februarius
Latin Februarius "of Februa"
Latin Februa(s) "Februa" + -arius "ary (pertaining to)"
Latin Februarius mensis "month of Februa"
Latin dies februatus "day of purification"

Februarius had 28 days, until circa 450 BC when it had 23 or 24 days on some of every second year, until Julius when it had 29 days on every fourth year and 28 days otherwise.

Februa is the Roman festival of purification, held on February fifteenth. It is possibly of Sabine origin.

Intercalaris -- inter-calendar month

Latin Intercalaris "inter-calendar"
Latin Mercedonius (popular name) "?"

Intercalaris had 27 days until the month was abolished by Julius.

March -- Mars' month

Middle English March(e)
Anglo-French March(e)
Old English Martius
Latin Martius "of Mars"
Latin Marti(s) "Mars" + -us (adj. suffix)
Latin Martius mensis "month of Mars"

Martius has always had 31 days.

March was the original beginning of the year, and the time for the resumption of war.

Mars is the Roman god of war. He is identified with the Greek god Ares.

April -- Aphrodite's month

Old English April(is)
Latin Aprilis
Etruscan Apru
Greek Aphro, short for Aphrodite.

Aprilis had 30 days, until Numa when it had 29 days, until Julius when it became 30 days long.

Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love and beauty. She is identified with the Roman goddess Venus.

May -- Maia's month

Old French Mai
Old English Maius
Latin Maius "of Maia"
Latin Maius mensis "month of Maia"

Maius has always had 31 days.

Maia (meaning "the great one") is the Italic goddess of spring, the daughter of Faunus, and wife of Vulcan.

June -- Juno's month

Middle English jun(e)
Old French juin
Old English junius
Latin Junius "of Juno"
Latin Junius mensis "month of Juno"

Junius had 30 days, until Numa when it had 29 days, until Julius when it became 30 days long.

Juno is the principle goddess of the Roman Pantheon. She is the goddess of marriage and the well-being of women. She is the wife and sister of Jupiter. She is identified with the Greek goddess Hera.

July -- Julius Caesar's month

Middle English Julie
Latin Julius "Julius"
Latin Julius mensis "month of Julius"
Latin quintilis mensis "fifth month"

Quintilis (and later Julius) has always had 31 days.

Julius Caesar reformed the Roman calendar (hence the Julian calendar) in 46 BC. In the process, he renamed this month after himself.

August -- Augustus Caesar's month

Latin Augustus "Augustus"
Latin Augustus mensis "month of Augustus"
Latin sextilis mensis "sixth month"

Sextilis had 30 days, until Numa when it had 29 days, until Julius when it became 31 days long.

Augustus Caesar clarified and completed the calendar reform of Julius Caesar. In the process, he also renamed this month after himself.

September -- the seventh month

Middle English septembre
Latin September
Latin septem "seven" + -ber (adj. suffix)
Latin september mensis "seventh month"

September had 30 days, until Numa when it had 29 days, until Julius when it became 30 days long.

October -- the eighth month

Middle English octobre
Latin October
Latin octo "eight" + -ber (adj. suffix)
Latin october mensis "eighth month"

October has always had 31 days.

November -- the nineth month

Middle English Novembre
Latin November
Latin Novembris mensis "nineth month"

Novembris had 30 days, until Numa when it had 29 days, until Julius when it became 30 days long.

December -- the tenth month

Middle English decembre
Old French decembre
Latin december "tenth month"
Latin decem "ten" + -ber (adj. suffix)

December had 30 days, until Numa when it had 29 days, until Julius when it became 31 days long.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome knowledge, this is deep. 

• Well there you have it. Thanks for sharing this with us great read

• Amen, bless you Brotha Teacher. I can relate once you learn the truth, you desire to tell everyone you know, so they can know the truth too. However, religious leaders in the church, tell things like it was the devil, it is a lie, you are not hearing correctly, you need to pray, and etc. I have seen that some do not want to know the truth and become awake, and some have the knowledge and still want to be a spiritual zombie. I have learned to hear God, listen to his directions, still tell the people, and keep it moving. If they listen to me or not, I have done my part by obeying God. 

Brotha Teacher said:

Now I know what Solomon meant when he said all is vanity.  The more he found out, the more he became aware of, aka, woke, he was like what to do.  I feel the same way, when we find out mostly everything we know or was taught has been a lie and you find out the truth, whats the next step.  Are we initiates for going along with names of calendars, days of the week, holidays??? becoming woke is a hard thing to deal with.  Many of our pastors, Bishops, Overseers are so caught up in paganism they will call you a trouble maker if you teach on it because it will condemn everybody.  This is very good and sound information.  When I learned this I was told to keep quiet, told it didn't matter, it was like the N word, instead of stop doing it, people kept doing it saying it meant something different to them.  Being woke is hard

• Amen

• I never new until now how the months came about praise God. 

• The Months and the Meanings of their Names.

This is something that i have to look more into. All I can say is wow and look at all the information thats at my finger tips. There is a lot to learn in the kingdom of God.

• Thank you Apostle Wiley, it is good to know the meaning of each month.

• Interesting this is soo different 

• Blessings Pastor Mother Pat, Amen and yes we must study these months in order to learn about the demons associated with them and why they have been sent to distract us and to keep us in our feelings, wills and emotions.  Amen

Pat Donaldson said:

I didn't know that there's so much to learn about the Recaps of the months. and I will study it  to get a better understanding of the months. From March though December and then the Romans added January AMEN.

• My God, I thank God I am able to know what each month represents and why I sometimes feel a certain way during some of those months.  My God, I thank you for this wisdom, knowledge and understanding so that I can start rebuking these false goddess and gods associated with the months.  I remembered when Iraq War was started on my birthday many years ago and is still ongoing.  I know my birth month is associated with a false god and goddess of war.  I thank God for this information, my God.

This reply was deleted.