Mark 11:16-26

New International Version (NIV)

16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’[a]? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’[b]

18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

19 When evening came, Jesus and his disciples[c] went out of the city.

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[d] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” [26] [e]

Footnotes:

1. Mark 11:17 Isaiah 56:7
  2. Mark 11:17 Jer. 7:11
  3. Mark 11:19 Some early manuscripts came, Jesus
  4. Mark 11:23 Some early manuscripts “If you have faith in God,” Jesus answered, 23 “truly
  5. Mark 11:26 Some manuscripts include here words similar to Matt. 6:15.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The chief priest suffer from lack of knowledge that's why they wanted to kill Jesus they are afraid of what they do not know, it's just like if you go to a whole another country that is foreign to you like a third world country you may be a little scared because your not use to their way of life that's how it was with the chief priest 

I thank God for his word if you believe and know that you know it's going to happen that it's already happened then you will receive it.

• God is my provider of all I ask and I know to obey or there are consequences.
    • Ne'eman he will definitely correct us when we are wrong and also to shape us into the people he has called us to be so we will be complete and not lack anything 

• The scripture clearly says there for  whatever you asked in prayer believe it and you will receive it and it will be yours and please have faith. In GOD.

• Jesus is teaching concerning faith. Speak to the mountain it shall be moved. Whatsoever things you

desire when you pray believe and receive it. Speak to whatever situation it may be.  Amen!

Peace and Love:

• THANK YOU LORD THAT I AM ABLE TO PRAY UNTO YOU OH LORD AND RECEIVE WHATEVER I ASK FOR IN PRAYER BELIEVING WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT IN MY MIND I CAN TELL EVERY MOUNTAIN TO BE YE REMOVED AND CAST INTO THE SEA. AMEN AND AMEN
  • _God is teaching us that somethings we do on this walk is going to be hated by man,but if God be for you who can be against you! God shows that no matter what cone up against you keep it moving. Don't allow nothing to keep you from moving in God!!!
  • yes 

• Search my heart that I my be able too receive anything I ask for in prayer.. teach me thy ways that I may not sin against thee.
  • The temple has a proper purpose & Only Mark pointed out that Jesus would not suffer anyone to carry any vessel through the temple. Jesus wanted His Father's house to be dedicated completely to prayer and the ministry of God. Also, as with the Sabbath, work symbolizes our own effort, and our own effort will always fall short of what God demands for salvation. Therefore, anything that resembles work was inappropriate in the house of God.

This reply was deleted.