No: 1 Sign of Prophetic Flow

The first sign of your prophetic calling is a desire has been burning in you for a long time to minister to the Body of Christ. This is not a passing fancy but something that has burned in you for a while. It is not so much a desire to bring unbelievers to know the Lord, but more a desire to help believers in their daily walk. It might be a desire to warn people of certain dangers. It might be a desire to encourage and lift believers up. Whichever direction it takes, this thing has taken hold of you and will not let go.

The call of God comes from God and not you. All you can produce in yourself is sin. Paul says in (Romans 7:-vs-18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: for I really want to [do good] ; but [how] to practice that which is good I find impossible.

The desire to do the work of God is planted by God and grows over a period of time. If you desire to do something for God's glory then it must have come from Him. If it does not fade over time then it is not an emotional fantasy but something real. If you can identify, then mark this as the first sign of your prophetic calling.

No: 2 Sign of Prophetic Flow

Not many people are likely to share your enthusiasm for what you want to do. They may warn you to be careful, to calm down. They might even accuse you of being paranoid. They might tell you not to 'rock the boat.' You may have begun to wonder if this thing is of the Lord.

Your ministry is unique, so do not expect others to share your burden. The fact that you want to do something different could be proof that this desire is from the Lord. The Lord tends to hide His prophets away until they are ready. So do not expect others to quickly recognize your call, unless you have ministered to them personally. If you have been rejected, ostracized or accused of going against the general flow, then there is a good chance that the early signs of the prophetic calling have started to show.

No: 3 Sign of Prophetic Flow

Your desire is other-oriented. You are not so much concerned with making a name for yourself as you are with helping other people. You will gladly give up things that are important to you so that other people may benefit from your actions. The prophetic ministry, like the apostolic ministry requires a total commitment to the work of the Lord.

Ministry is servant hood and is likely to cost you a lot. If your desire is not to help others then it is not a calling to ministry. Jesus said in( Matthew 20:27-28) -vs-27 And whoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: -vs-28 Even as the Son of man did not come to be ministered to, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many

You must be prepared to pay the price before you can enter it. If your desire is not for the good of others, you have not yet even entered the door.

No: 4 Sign of Prophetic Flow

Over a period of time you have found yourself ministering to a particular area of need more than others. It seems that you always end up ministering to believers who need encouragement and direction in their lives. And when you do something happens inside you and you sense a surge taking place. You may find yourself telling people which way they should go and what God's purpose is for them.

The Lord prepares you for ministry by creating opportunities for you. Often you will not be aware of this. You only know that you feel content ministering to believers and helping them, to set their lives and ministries in order. These are all signs showing you the way to your prophetic flow.

No: 5 Sign of Prophetic Flow

People have told you that you have helped them, even when at times you have not been aware of it. Sometimes others can see your ministry more clearly than you can see it yourself. Solomon said in (Proverbs 18:-vs-16 ) A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men.

If you have a prophetic calling  and apostolic anointing you will not be able to hide it indefinitely. It will start to show itself in time and others will begin to notice it.

No: 6 Sign of Prophetic Flow

You feel unqualified to do the work of the Lord and usually feel unworthy to push yourself forward to suggest that you be given an opportunity. When appeals are made for help you wait for everyone else to step forward first before you offer your services.

Humility is a sure sign of your genuineness. The Spirit of God always leads gently. He is likened to a dove, that is meek and easily frightened away. Jesus is called the Lamb of God. A lamb is also a gentle creature that does not push its way. Since the call comes gently, you may even wonder at times if you heard right.

No: 7 Sign of Prophetic Flow

The key ministry of walking in the prophetic flow is intercessory prayer. If you find yourself being led to spend a lot of time interceding for others and you have had times when you have been very clearly led and have seen definite results, the elements of a prophetic ministry are certainly there. The prophet is the key to what God does in the earth. God said in the Old Testament that He does nothing unless He first reveals His secret to the prophets.(Amos 3-vs-7)

If you have been led to pray things into existence or birth them in the Spirit through intercessory prayer, then your prophetic ministry is already starting to manifest.

No: 8 Sign of Prophetic Flow

The prophet is sensitive to the moving of God's Spirit and has the ability to bring the anointing into a meeting. This is often seen in musical capability or a particular ability to lead effectively in praise and worship. If you have been effectively involved in leading the congregation in praise and worship and can cause the anointing of the Spirit to come upon a group when you lead, this can certainly be very clear sign of prophetic flow and apostolic anointing in operation. Often when the prophetic flow is working, the songs of the Lord begin to form out of your belly. Then the prophetic words of the Lord come forth in a song.

No: 9 Sign of Prophetic Flow

If you are called to be a prophet,or in the Five-fold-Ministry then your preparation will span many years and will be one of the most difficult and troublesome processes. The prophet will be battered and broken and brought to nothing in himself before he can be of any use to the Kingdom of God. He will have to learn not to trust in himself or in his own abilities. His knowledge and natural strengths will be tried in the fire and brought to naught before God can use him.

If your life has been one of intense problems, failures, oppositions, persecutions and pressure, then this could be a sign of preparation for the prophetic ministry. I have yet to meet a prophet who has had life of smooth sailing, easy success and personal recognition. As I said earlier, the prophetic call is a call to death. Like the apostle, the prophet must have the sentence of death in himself. He must sacrifice all for the sake of the ministry. He must die completely to self.

Well these are the main signs of prophetic calling and flow. Anyone can work in the prophetic flow and apostolic anointing, if you are a saint. These benefits are available to you. Do not let anyone tell you because you are a teacher you cannot prophecy? Yes, you can if you can pray, you can preach, and prophecy. There is only one you, he chose you for this gift. Use it the way he leads you, do not let no one label you something that you are not. I am an Evangelist, I am ordained as a Evangelist and Pastor. I can tap into the prophetic at any given time. Do that makes me a prophetess? No, it do not, it just allow me to work and use the five-fold-ministry. It allow me to utilize my gifts the way God has chosen me to do. Walk in you Prophetic flow and Apostolic anointing.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ne'eman very good information. 

• This reply was deleted.
  • That is a powerful teaching. This teaching will help some of us to conclude if you are actually call by God.

Thanks Apostle for you time and commitment.

• Amen Lord I will die to self so I can be used.

• So true..I've been rejected. I also been told that I have helped someone and have spoken words of encouragement from God. I acknowledge that life has been a journey, a sign all is well and moving in the right direction.
  • Hello Prophetess Carolyn,

This is so true.  I sacrifice myself daily.  Let's be honest.  If you're a true prophet/prophetess, you can't simply turn your gift off and on like a light switch. :-)  I can't speak for everyone, but my gift doesn't work like that.  I find myself in stores, restaurants, etc., prophesying to people when I'm truly trying to mind my own business. :-)   However, I've found over the years that my business is "God's business".  Now, I just go with the flow where ever I am, literally. Sometimes I try not to, but then God shows up and shows out-the rest is history.

Prophetess Carolyn A. Bighum said:

Walking in the Prophetic Flow and Apostolic Anointing you have to give up and sacrifice.

Stay in Prayer. Stay before the Lord.

Peace and Love:

• Wow!  I really needed to read this article this morning.  As a pastor and prophetess, I really connected with this statement, "The prophet will be battered and broken and brought to nothing in himself before he can be of any use to the Kingdom of God. He will have to learn not to trust in himself or in his own abilities. His knowledge and natural strengths will be tried in the fire and brought to naught before God can use him."

My God!  This has been the story of my life since I was sixteen and can fondly remember my first prophetic experience.  It's a lonely place being a true prophetess.  I often wonder about people who say, "I wish I had your gift!"  Really?  If people truly knew the price I pay daily for this anointing and gift.  My God!  I can truly say that I've been test in the fire over and over again.  

• Walking in the Prophetic Flow and Apostolic Anointing you have to give up and sacrifice.

Stay in Prayer. Stay before the Lord.

Peace and Love:

• Truth!
  • glory to god i have been lied on talk about  rejected personal attacks on my body i have always only had one friend at time in life and i always have the urge to help someone in need this was me all day enjoy this post 

This reply was deleted.