Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me...." —Jeremiah 9:23-24

It is true that much church activity is thrown back upon a shaky foundation of psychology and natural talents. It is sad but true that many a mother-in-law is actually praying that her handsome son-in-law may be called to preach because "he would have such a marvelous pulpit presence."

We live in a day when the charm is supposed to cover almost the entire multitude of sins. Charm has taken a great place in religious expression. I am convinced that our Lord expects us to be tough enough and cynical enough to recognize all of this that pleases the unthinking in our churches: the charm stuff, the stage presence in the pulpit, the golden qualities of voice...

I feel sorry for the church that decides to call a pastor because "his personality simply sparkles!" I have watched quite a few of those sparklers throughout the years. In reality, as every kid knows at Fourth of July time, sparklers can be an excitement in the neighborhood—but only for about one minute! Then you are left holding a hot stick that quickly cools off in your hand. 

"Lord, confirm for each of us as pastors our divine call, that we might indeed build on a strong foundation. Then bring conviction and repentance to any in our congregations who are judging us with the wrong criteria. Ne'Eman

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Praise God on this day, it is so sadly true, that the church has “friendship/family” and as our reading stated Charm pulpit placement. Not trying to put no one down but when are we going to “HEAR” from the Spirit, within our Spirit that it’s God that calls, gives, and anoint for a particular position.  There is a spirit of slyness has hit the churches as well, under cover, slick move, so they think, “don’t you know God sees and knows it all. Gen. 3:8; they heard God coming “in the cool of the day”, and they hid themselves, which was an impossible act, and show a sign of guilt. My God. So, all this ungodly action, scheming in the body of Christ, shall come to light. As stated in our reading; “In reality, as every kid knows at Fourth of July time, sparklers can be an excitement in the neighborhood—but only for about one minute! Then you are left holding a hot stick that quickly cools off in your hand”. Awesome statement and very true. In addition to this, let someone truly called and chosen by God to come forth as in Eph. 4:11; And He gave some to be Apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers.  They have a hard time, people won’t receive them, they are shone, torn-down, rejected. But God!!!

• Blessings and GA Pastor Patricia, I love your response to this teaching. Why, do you think that the LeaderShifters in the Five-Fold are fearful and timid, when it comes to teaching the true word, revelations, and mysteries of God? I love when you stated that on the 4th of July after the fireworks are over, you are left with a hot stick or carton. Do you think that is what the Leaders in the body of Christ today are doing, due to religious and traditional dogma? What do you think we can do as LeaderShifters to Prophesy/Expect healing, prosperity, increase, and blessings/happiness into the Kingdom of God?

Can you please explain to the class in details your feedback? Thank you :-)

• Blessing Apostle Teyshana; there’s several reasons why for fearful and timid action within the five-fold; 1. there is no more “Fear of God”, 2. They simply don’t know, lack of understanding; 3. People pleasers, afraid to teach the truth, so they allow any and everything.

Do you think that is what the Leaders in the body of Christ today are doing, due to religious and traditional dogma?

Yes, it’s like the scriptures in Matt. 13:4-7; about Him speaking sowed seed; 4 and as he sowed, some seed fell beside the road [between the fields], and the birds came and ate it. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil; and at once they sprang up because they had no depth of soil. 6 But when the sun rose, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, and thorns came up and choked them out.

In addition: Matt 13:14-15 (AMP)

14 In them the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled, which says,

‘You will hear and keep on hearing, but never understand;

And you will look and keep on looking, but never comprehend; For this nation’s heart has grown hard, And with their ears they hardly hear,

And they have [tightly] closed their eyes, Otherwise they would see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, and turn [to Me] And I would heal them [spiritually].’

What do you think we can do as LeaderShifters to Prophesy/Expect healing, prosperity, increase, and blessings/happiness into the Kingdom of God?

To be Serious, Loyal Steadfast, Unmovable LeaderShifter and come forth with clean, purge, temples, tabernacles so  Matt.13:8-9 can flow; 8 Other seed fell on good soil and yielded grain, some a hundred times as much [as was sown], some sixty [times as much], and some thirty. 9 He who has ears [to hear], let him hear and heed My words.” Become true and Spiritfilled Worshipers. There is more, but I’ll stop right here.

This reply was deleted.