There is an interesting story in Daniel chapter 4. Nebuchadnezzar has a dream about a large, beautiful tree being cut down by an angel. Daniel interprets the dream to mean that "Nebs" is about to lose his mind for seven years because of his arrogance and pride. He will become like an animal until he recognizes that God is the ruler of the world. Twelve months later, the king is on the roof of his castle telling himself how awesome he is for having built Babylon with his own strength and power.
Just then he goes insane. He becomes like an animal, living in the fields eating grass. After seven years, his sanity returns. Look at the first words Nebuchadnezzar says when he could finally speak instead of mumble:

At that time my reason returned to me and my majesty and splendor were restored to
me for the glory of my kingdom, and my counselors and my nobles began seeking me
out; so I was reestablished in my sovereignty, and surpassing greatness was added to
me. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise, exalt and honor the King of Heaven, for all His
works are true and His ways just, and He is able to humble those who walk in pride
(Daniel 4:36-57).
Nebuchadnezzar is saying, "I am humbly awesome!" Humility is not demeaning yourself, it
is exalting our God!

Questions to Ponder on
1. What is the main purpose for prophetic ministry?

4. What is true humility?

Life Application
Think of one person in your life with whom you have challenges with. Spend some time
praying for that person. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you one aspect of the glory of God that
is assigned to that person. 

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How to understand the Prophetic and Apostolic

My God, what an example, love it.

Low self-esteem has caused many people to lose sight of the greatness that God has placed in them. And we loose sight of His magnificent because we think it’s Us, we think we are the one that does something, and it’s All God, that why we had to be made in His image and in Their likeness. My Lord of Host, that’s why He is Lord.

You didn't paint yourself—God painted you," I told him. "Not only that, but Jesus is the one who sat in the chair and modeled for the portrait. We are created in His image and in His likeness. Every time we demean ourselves we are talking badly about the Artist and the Model. The truth is that the beauty of creation actually gives glory to the Creator."

• Questions to Ponder on
    1. What is the main purpose for prophetic ministry?

Prophetic ministry, as understood by Charismatic groups today, is any ministry that relies on the gift of prophecy and new revelation from God to guide the church to maturity. Those involved in prophetic ministry sometimes refer to it as a five-fold ministry and believe that the offices of apostle and prophet are being restored to the modern-day church.

Teach and model a prophetic lifestyle, not just a prophetic gift. They have earned the credibility and the authority to give direction and correction in addition to edification, exhortation, and comfort. They are not self-appointed, they are recognized by other leaders and confirmed into their appropriate spheres of authority.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    2. What did we fall short of not utilzing our Prophetic gifts?
    3. What are the secrets of people's hearts?

And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest,.... Not to the prophets, or preachers, or to the rest of the congregation, but to himself; the word preached being in the hands, and trader the influence, direction, and application of the Spirit of God, a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart; showing the plague and naughtiness of it, discovering the lusts that are in it, detecting the errors of the mind, and filling the conscience with a sense of guilt, and a consciousness of deserved punishment; so that the person looks upon himself as particularly spoken to, and as if the person speaking had knowledge of all that was within him, and adapted his discourse on purpose to him, and delivered it for his sake alone; concluding, that there is, and must be, something more than human in it: 

What is true humility?

1. The Bible describes humility as meekness, lowliness, and absence of self. The Greek word translated “humility” in and elsewhere literally means “lowliness of mind,” so we see that humility is a heart attitude, not merely an outward demeanor. _____________________________________________________
      5. Who were you modeled after when you were created?

God

Questions for Group Discussion
    1. How can I be involved with other people and still call out the greatness in them?
    2. Is there a time when it is wrong to show people the glory that God has hidden in them?

Life Application
    Think of one person in your life with whom you have challenges with. Spend some time
    praying for that person. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you one aspect of the glory of God that
    is assigned to that person. 

• 1. Encouragement , to guide the church

2. Feeling of non belief

4. Being able to stand no matter what the circumstance

5Made in the Likeness of our Heavenly Father

• 1. It is to bring forth the Word of God in a person life. 

2. I believe the short coming is when we are uncomfortable in the presence of  people and God has given us a word for them but we hesitate to tell them due to rejection. 

3. I believe their deepest desires. 

4. True humility is when you can display the God like character in the midst of the enemy, when your flesh is telling you to cures them and you turn around and bless them. True humility began in the heart of a person because of the desire to do the will of the Father. 

5. I was made in the likeness of God.

How can I be involved with other person and still find greatness in them? If I think as if Jesus does because He deals with me in my imperfections and still pushes the greatness inside of me. If I look at them in the same way that the Father looks at me I can overlook the flaws and see the greatness. As the song say "He looks beyond my fault and saw my need and we must be like that to others. When I say overlook it means to bring to their attention but do it in a godly manner but do not hold it against so that The Holy Spirit can use you to give the word that is needed for them.

God's timing is never wrong and long as we do it in that order but soon as we step out in flesh we mess it all up.

This reply was deleted.