Revival: Unity Precedes Blessing

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.—Acts 4:32-33

...unity of mind on the part of the people of God precedes the blessing. I have often heard people pray, "Oh Lord, send the Holy Spirit that we may become a united people." That is all right except it is precisely backwards. The Holy Spirit comes because we are a united people; He does not come to make us a united people. Our prayer should be more like, "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life." That's the way we should pray....

This teaches us that unity is necessary to the outpouring of the Spirit of God. If you have 120 volts of electricity coming into your house but you have broken wiring, you may turn the switch, but nothing works-no lights come on, the stove doesn't warm, your radio doesn't turn on. Why? Because you have broken wiring. The power is ready to do its work with all the appliances in your home, but where there is broken wiring, you have no power. Unity is necessary among the children of God if we are going to know the flow of power.

"Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ne'eman where there is broken wiring, you have no power ne'eman we as leadershifters must work in unity to recieve the outpouring of oil and dew and life in Jesus Ne'eman 

• Yes Lord, help Us to get united in order that the blessings might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life in Jesus Name Amen...

• May people know that unity is vital. That being on one accord pays reverence to the Lord.
  • Thank you LORD for the conformation the Unity Preccedes Blessings .

• Yes, LORD HELP US TO GET UNITED SO THAT THE BLESSINGS FLOW AND THAT THERE MAY BE AND OUTPOURING OF OIL AND DEW IN OUR LIVES!!! AMEN
  • Yess give us the oil Jesus help us to united in order.amen.
  • Yes, this is a true state about unity. We as God people must be joined together to support each other.(Eph 4:16)

• god let the outpouring of oil and dew in my life

• Amen

• Syllabus Notes: The Holy Spirit comes because we are a united people; He does not come to make us a united people. Our prayer should be more like, "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life.  

side notes:

There's a corporate anointing that takes place when we come together in unity... The Lord was anointed with the Holy Spirit and went about doing good and healing the sick for God was with Him... You can't help but be a blessing and give from your heart.

“Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, and laid them at the apostles‟ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

This reply was deleted.