The Deceit of Demons Always know your Enemy!!!! 1. THEY IMPERSONATE GOD IN OUR THOUGHTS "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve." - 2 Corinthians 11: 14-15 Religious spirits manifest themselves to people as an "inner voice" from God. They come as "angels of light" saying to some, "You are special to Me." "Your are different from others. I am giving you special knowledge - a special assignment." They flatter people with these words enticing them to spiritual pride. This is often how cults are born. Spirits also impersonate the Holy Spirit and try to inflict a lot of guilt. Rather than bringing loving conviction, they pound with accusations of how bad we are and how worthless we have become. They torment with thoughts of turning from God and losing our salvation. II. THEY IMPERSONATE OUR OWN THOUGHTS - Using our expressions Extremely negative thoughts - "I am a failure" - "I am ugly" - "I am worthless" - "I will never succeed" - "God does not love me" - "I am a misfit. No one cares about me." Prideful thoughts - "I am better than others" - "I am smarter than she is" - "I am more spiritual than they are" - "I don't need anyone else" Rebellious thoughts - "I have a right to do what I want with my life" - "Nobody is going to tell me what to do" Hatred - "I don't like them because . . ." - "I will never forgive them because . . ." - "I want them to suffer the way they made me suffer." Suicide - "I am better off dead" - "Nobody cares if I die anyway" - "They'll be sorry when I die" - "Why not drive my car head on into the oncoming traffic?" (Are these self-thoughts always demonic? No. But many of them do have their source in the demonic.) III. THEY IMPERSONATE SATAN'S PRESENCE Many times spirits take one of the names of Satan and confront the victim as Satan himself. They are attempting to intimidate the person by instilling fear that they are being confronted with the "prince of this world." They say, "I am too strong for you" - "I will torment you until you give in - submit to me and I will stop." "You have no chance because I am so powerful. Hoping to paralyze the victim into inactivity, they will often say - "Your God cannot help you - I will destroy you." IV. THEY BATTLE FOR THE MIND AND WILL Satan knows that if he can convince or intimidate us through one of these forms of attack, he will have a definite advantage. He seeks to bring our mind and will into subjection through lies and deception. When we are aware of these tactics, we will be more discerning when these attacks come to us. These attacks are much more deceptive than they appear. The fact that they have manifested in our thoughts makes them very personal. We are used to letting our thoughts lead us. What we must do is learn to test the thoughts that we receive with the Word of God. Whether the thoughts have their source in our flesh or demonically, testing them by the Word is always an effective defense.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• They can impersonate God in our thoughts and our own thoughts as well, what we must do is learn to test the thoughts that we receive with the Word of God. Whether the thoughts have their source in our flesh or demonically, testing them by the Word is always an effective defense.

one of the things I've learned is that the no name doesn't know what you're thinking but he can plant evil thoughts in your mind and deceive, lead astray, and betray someone into believing his lies!!! The no name did want to be God and wind up getting kicked out of Heaven... This is why it's so important to build a personal relationship with God daily and spend time in the word... The bible tells us John 10:4
    When he has brought out all who are his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:14
    I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me,

John 10:16
    I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd.

• We should keep our eyes and ears open to hear only God, our minds clear and ready for spiritual warfare...

• It is important to commune with the FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT. The more we talk to Him and the more we Listen to Him we will Know His voice. We must not allow are minds to become a playing ground for satan and his helpers. We must keep out with the Word, leave no room for him to slip in. Gird up the loins of your Mind. ditto: testing them by the Word is always an effective defense.Discernmet

• I love the book by Pastor Joyce Meyers on Battlefield of the Mind. What a man think so is he and we must learn to cast down those vain imaginations and thoughts that go against the Word of God and learn to bring it under submission.

• YES LORD THANXS 4 THE STUDIES
This reply was deleted.