( 1 Corinth 12) Week Two Reading..

1 Corinthians 12

New International Version (NIV)

Concerning Spiritual Gifts

12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Unity and Diversity in the Body

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable,23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Love Is Indispensable

And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

Footnotes:

1. 1 Corinthians 12:10 Or languages; also in verse 28
  2. 1 Corinthians 12:10 Or languages; also in verse 28
  3. 1 Corinthians 12:13 Or with; or in
  4. 1 Corinthians 12:30 Or other languages

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This reading really enlighten me and made me understand & accept in my being how important it is not to stray from Christ.  It is very easy to become defocused on something else.  RECOGNIZE, REALIZE, REMEMBER, REPLICATE, RE INVENT, and so on.

• Amen and Amen again
  • There are different kinds of working in the spiritual gifts ,but in all of them and in everyone it is the same work of Gods hand .Spiritual Gift is a special attribute given by the Holy Spirit . Every Member of the body of Christ is to work together to be able to operate as oneness , so that the body does not malfunction. The main function of the Holy spirit is to be able to operate as one with LOVE .  When we have  LOVE for one another , the Holy Spirit will flow like  a stream of  a river of living water. There are no hindrances or blockage .Thank you Lord for this school of Prophets that is helping me confirm and find my spiritual gifts , so that I can find out Gods will for my life and that I might be able to exhort, instruct and edify someone else into their destiny on purpose . Through the motivational gifts, God makes believers aware of needs that He wants to meet through them, for His glory.

amen thank you LORD !

• Amen

• CONFIDENCE AND BOLDNESS.....

• UNITY... EVERY MEMBER OF THE BODY OF CHRIST IS EQUIPPED TO SERVE A PURPOSE.. ONE BODY, ONE SPIRIT, ONE ACCORD. WHATEVER OUR POSITION IS IN CHRIST, WE SHOULD EMBRACE IT WITH .

• We all are gifted yet different yet valued just as much as the other. Embrace who you are. Embrace your gift and if it doesn't work like someone else's. . It's OK. . It wasn't created to. .
  • Concerning Spiritual Gifts, Paul was very clear about spiritual gifts and where they come from and how they are distributed.  Each Spiritual Gift is given for a purpose from the Holy Spirit for the use and service to help other people and produce results in our lives in the Church.  Just as Paul used an illustration about the human body and how it operates and an indication on how the Gifts work.  In the human body we have the head, arms, legs and so on.  The body will not work effectively without the other as Paul listed two Spiritual Gifts in vs 8-11 wisdom and knowledge.  Wisdom refers to the ability to apply facts given to you at the right time and situation whereas knowledge refers to the awareness of facts. As we can see God is a God of order and when we are all on one accord there is power.

• Thank you Oh, Lord for spiritual gifts. Thank you God for the opportunity to be used in all gifts of the Holy Spirit.  Thank you Lord for revelation of the different gifts of the spirit.  We are all ONE in the body of God and thus we must flow as one.  If we all are sensitive to the spirit of God then we will honor God in our communication and service to God's people.  We must do everything as unto the Lord.

• what the spirit is saying to me in this reading is that we have all these different denomination but if we all have the same holy spirit and were all serving and worshiping the same God .just because we have different gift's doesn't mean were not intune with God  . and if we all would stop set tripping and come together in love . and be about his will and not our on .then a lot more souls would be saved.

This reply was deleted.