1 Kings 18:41-46

New International Version (NIV)

41 And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.” 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

43 “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked.

“There is nothing there,” he said.

Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”

(44 The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea).”

So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”

45 Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. 46 The power of the Lord came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Elijah heard the voice of God. and through faith , that if God said it, it shall come to pass . I pray that God have get to a place in him, when i hear his voice, even though I do not see it, I know it will come to pass even though I can not see it.

• In Kings 18 all of the people and the false prophets did not believe in the Lord.   Mount Carmel is significant because it was there the lesson was taught and God revealed who the true prophets were, and who the lord was.  The people would not believe unless they could see.  Elijah a true prophet of the lord called the of the lord to prove to the people there is only one true God. Amen Glory to God.

• While I continue praying for decernment from the Lord regarding these verses. Elijah desired to have timely notice of the first appearance of rain, that Ahab and the people might know that it was obtained from God by the prophet's prayers, and there by be confirmed in the true religion. Like a man's hand - Great blessings often rise from small beginnings, and showers of plenty from a cloud of a span long. Let us therefore never despise the day of small things, but hope and wait for greater things from it.
  • Yes god want us to have the same kind of faith that Elijah had in this day and this time so we can see and experience the same miracles he did. we need to seek the face of God like never before and be obedient to his will for our life.

• Prophetess Jazzmin Perez said:

I love this .... wow wow. The 42 and 44 stood out to me the most.... elijah had so much faith. And came before the lord. This shows us the power and faith he haf in god. Thi is the type of faith god needs us to have. Especially in thi season. Its time for gods servants his  chidren to be obedient and seek his face.

its definantly an encouraging word for us in this season. 

• I agree that Elijah knew what to do when the storms  approached, he had that remarkable faith in God that he was going to move in the situation, the kind of faith that we need today.

• Areana Lanyaa Anthony said:

Believing in God and how strong his faith was Elijah knew what to do as the storm approached. He knew through his prophetic ability that a storm was coming even before it was near. The servant is like us and God is like Elijah. God will give us signs of a storm coming but it will take us seven times to actually be able to see the storm for our selves. God will warn you and give you instruction through his word what to do during the storm and just like the confused servant it will take us going back and forth through the motions (emotions) just to see the storm for what it is "as big as a man's hand." 

• Yes when we are obedient we see miracles, signs and wonder that God's hand is at work in our ministries, churches, lives, home, work places, in every area of our lives. We can not be so ready to give up we have to stay faith and walk up righteous before God, When we have team work is the most important thing because all gifts work together for a common cause.

• Wow, I think it was cool that he was not wavered by what he heard or saw that he knew God would do it. Regardless of the conditions.
  • Do we believe what God uses us to speak enough to pray it through like Elijah? Doing my own heart check.
This reply was deleted.