1 Kings 18:41-46

New International Version (NIV)

41 And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.” 42 So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.

43 “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked.

“There is nothing there,” he said.

Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”

(44 The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea).”

So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”

45 Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel. 46 The power of the Lord came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The little cloud proved to be a towering cumulonimbus cloud heading the coming rainstorm.
  • When God speaks we must be prepared and ready for action.

• The five - fold ministry is like the cloud in the shape of a man's hand. If we embrace, walk in, and utilize all of the five-fold ministries, signs, wonders, and miracles will pour down like rain in the Body of Christ!

• God is faithful and Elijah knew that it was going to rain I believe he a prophetic insight

• When we pray without ceasing and nothing seems to be happening then we have to continue to pray. A small cloud appeared in which soon would bring a flood upon the earth. Let us not despise the day of small things but hope and wait for bigger things to come. God will give strength to those people for every thing they do unto his commandments. God will use those who trust in Him, those who obey Him and those who continue to seek His face. Could imagine how Ahab face looked when Elijah ran pass him? The rain had already began to fall after three drought. How much more proof does a unbeliever need?

• Elijah had unbelievable faith in God.  It was because of his faith that God moved on his behalf.  Supernatural faith produces a supernatural return.

• Amen!

• Amen, God gave revelation and they reacted. Elijah was in tune to God and saw the storm before it formed. It took Ahab 7 times to finally see the storm. Ahab left as instructed via a chariot thus obeying Elijah. Because Elijah was in sync with God, He was gifted supernatural speed and out ran Ahab.

• All God needs is mustard seed amount of faith... A small cloud the size of your hand is all He needs to bring your miracle to pass, to smote your enemies etc... Whatever you stand in need of He takes the little things n does wonders with them. N this is what He comes to do through us the modern day Elijah's.. We receive the Elijah's mantle Lord we welcome your miracles, signs, n wonders thru us! :)

• Wow, the power of God. When he puts his super with our natural, we have some supernatural abilities.

This reply was deleted.