11946539-day-1.jpg

Day 1

Those who follow Jesus’ commandment entirely, who let Jesus’ yoke rest on them without resistance, will find the burden they must bear to be light. In the gentle pressure of this yoke they will receive the strength to walk the right path without becoming weary.…Where will the call to discipleship lead those who follow it? What decisions and painful separations will it entail? We must take this question to him who alone knows the answer. Only Jesus Christ, who bids us follow him, knows where the path will lead. But we know that it will be a path full of mercy beyond measure. Discipleship is joy.

Biblical Wisdom

Come to me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble of heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.Matthew 11:28–30

Questions to Ponder

• What is Jesus’ “commandment” that we are to follow? (See John 15:12)
  • If this commandment is Jesus’ “yoke,” how might we be changed if we bear it without resistance?
  • Why might following Jesus’ commandment lead to tough “decisions and painful separations”?

Psalm Fragment

Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
   teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth, and teach me,
   for you are the God of my salvation;
   for you I wait all day long. Psalm 25:4–5

Journal Reflections

• To be a disciple is not just to believe in Jesus, it is to follow Jesus. In your journal, reflect on the ways in which you are presently following Jesus.
  • Do you experience your discipleship as “joy”? Is the “burden” of your discipleship “light”?
  • Do you sense there are places Jesus might want to lead you where you would rather not go? If so, where are they and what is holding you back?

Intercessions

Pray specifically for family, friends, and colleagues that they might clearly hear the call to discipleship (which is the call to love and justice), and that they might experience following Jesus’ commandment as joy in the concrete realities of their lives.

Prayer for Today

Lord Jesus, only you know where my path will lead, but I trust that, even if I do not know either the way or the destination, you are with me and before me, and I follow you with joy. In Jesus name Amen..

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• IAM CATCHING UP! ALLELUJIAH!

• GLory to GOD!

• IN JESUS NAME AMEN

• Bless you Pastor Trina, it have been two days, and I thank God for depositing and speaking into my spirit about deep things concerning him and myself..
    Trina Davis said:

I am making a commitment to the Lord, to go on this 40 day spiritual journey.. bless you Pastor Teyshana
  • I am making a commitment to the Lord, to go on this 40 day spiritual journey.. bless you Pastor Teyshana
  • Amen, Evangelist Sarah, this will empower us and elevate us into a whole other Dimensional Realm in God. We will walk in a new sanctification, obedience, and discipleship. Glory to God..

Sarah McCurtis said:

OMG!!! This is just another level God is going to take me to, higher in Him, His Spirit and His will for my like. Teach me Lord Jesus and cause my flesh to die daily through obedience and righteousness.

• Amen, bless you Prophetess Jacqueline, our lives will never be the same..

Jacqueline Jones said:

I am going to take this journey, also.
  • OMG!!! This is just another level God is going to take me to, higher in Him, His Spirit and His will for my like. Teach me Lord Jesus and cause my flesh to die daily through obedience and righteousness.

• I am going to take this journey, also.
  • I am so EXCITED about this JOURNEY God..

This reply was deleted.