hthgvpptsample1.jpg

If you feel that God is speaking a message-or- word to you but you are not really sure if it is from God here are some good questions to ask your self about the message.

1)     Does it line up with the Holy Bible, the written scriptures?

2)     Does it lead you into a closer relationship with God, a greater unity with Him?

3)     Does it lead you into expressing love, which is putting God’s benefit and the benefit of others before your own benefit?

4)     Does it lead to a death of yourself and a greater manifestation of Christ lives in you?

5)     Does it cause greater humility in you and a greater dependence upon God?

6)     Does it cause greater love, joy, and peace from God in you?

7)     Does it grow your faith and confidence in God Spirit in your life?

1 (John 15:-vs-16)  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

2 (Luke 12:47-49)  "And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. {48} "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him, they will ask the more. {49} "I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The 7 steps listed, are so enlightening. I will meditate on list, and start to apply this teaching immediately.

• The scripture from second Luke put the fear of God in me all the more.The article was good reassurance that I do know how to tell when God is speaking and I'm using the right test's to know if it's from God.
  • This is wonderful information because I frequently question if I'm hearing God or just responding to my own thoughts.

• Amen im going to start asking myself these questions before i open my mouth if i don't know if it is of God or what
  • AMEN, WE LEARN THROUGH THE WORD OF GOD IF GOD SAID IT THEN THAT SETTLES IT. WE LEARN FROM EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENT MESSAGES THAT WE HEAR IF THEY ARE FOR OUR BENEFIT OR NOT. AS I GET OLDER I ONLY WANT TO HEAR MESSAGES THAT WILL BENEFIT AND ENRICH MY LIFE IN CHRIST ANY THING ELSE I'M NOT TRYING TO BE APART OF
  •   Thankful the past couple of weeks for me have been very difficult, but God and seemed as if I was spiraling out of being in control of my time and commitments. Yesterday I had to tap the reset button of my life, I could clearly hear the Lord speaking to me in a whisper saying " It's okay your going to make through this destiny awaits you". Initially there were some things which I needed to do , application knowing the word of God is one thing but applying it is another. Reading my assignment syllabus  regarding week three, and the content my heart was over joyed because I knew it was God.

Yes I believe that even though it's been a difficult time for me I have grown and God is manifesting, we all have a choice to make I choose to talk to God and and tap the re-set button.
     The struggles may not be identical, but many Christians are caught up in major battles in their mind. The promise of 2 Corinthians 5:17 sounds great, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (NIV) But where reality hits the road-we fall short- especially in our thought life.
     The old way of thinking has not gone away. Many still struggle with temptations in their mind, bitterness, depression, fear, hopelessness, frustrations, problems, and putting it bluntly-evil thoughts.

To be a successful Christian means to follow Jesus, to obey His teachings, to love others, to grow spiritually. But this battle still rages in the mind.

God's solution to this battle is not simply to pray more. Prayer is important-but we need to do more than pray. Romans 12:2 goes to the heart of the problem and offers God's solution-"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will." (NIV)

The promise is powerful-if I renew my mind, God has some awesome benefits and rewards.

1. I will be transformed-not just cleaned up on the outside-but completely transformed on the inside, too.
    2. I will know and understand God's will for my life.
    3. How many times have you said, "I wish I knew what God wanted me to do in this situation." Here is the path to knowing God's will-His good, pleasing and perfect will. Renew your mind!
    4. The God of peace will be with me when I renew my mind. See Philippians 4:8-9.
    5. Jesus brings light into the darkness in our world. God's truth is light for us. One of the most important gifts that God has given us for renewing our mind is the Bible- His written word-a wealth of truth that clearly shows His way of thinking, and how He wants us to think. King David said in Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." (NIV)
    6. "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9 (NIV)
    7. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body." Ephesians 4:22-25 (NIV)
  • amen

• This particular reading and information reminds me of the story in the Bible when they accused Jesus of working for the Devil, and JESUS told them that a house divided cannot stand.. the enemy will not work against its self. As in the reading God and his word bares witness to each other. The enemy will not aim too do any of the above, so we can rest assured that if it is good it is from God.
  • As a youth, old folks were quick to tell you, "Boy, if you are confused about something; you had better ask somebody."  In sunday school as a young lad, I remember  the teacher telling all the kids to seek wise counsel.  My mother would look at me and smile as a young adult as she would say "By and By."  This commentary fills in all the blanks by not only preferencing the questions but also professing the Word.  This commentary is very explicit and has been a tremendous help in clarifying/distinguishing God's voice to me.

• 7 ways understanding if God is speaking to you, week three..

Posted by Apostle T-(Teyshana) Wiley... on August 5, 2013 at 12:49am in School of Prophets...

Send Message   View Discussions

If you feel that God is speaking a message-or- word to you but you are not really sure if it is from God here are some good questions to ask your self about the message.

1)     Does it line up with the Holy Bible, the written scriptures?

2)     Does it lead you into a closer relationship with God, a greater unity with Him?

3)     Does it lead you into expressing love, which is putting God’s benefit and the benefit of others before your own benefit?

4)     Does it lead to a dying of yourself and a greater manifestation of Christ life in you?

5)     Does it cause greater humility in you, and a greater dependence upon God?

6)     Does it cause greater love, joy, and peace from God in you?

7)     Does it grow your faith, and confidence in God Spirit in your life.

1 (John 15:-vs-16)  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

2 (Luke 12:-vs-47-49)  "And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. {48} "But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. {49} "I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Serenity Prayer

Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

enjoying one moment at a time;

accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

trusting that He will make all things right