Acts 5:12-16

New International Version (NIV)

The Apostles Heal Many

12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. 13 No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. 14 Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15 As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Apostles experienced power to do miracles, great boldness in preaching, and God's presence in their lives. People who passed within Peter's shadow was healed, not by Peter's shadow, but by God's power working through Peter. These sign's and wonders of God's miraculous healing's made such an amazing impact on the early church, by attracting many new believers, while confirming the truth of the Apostles teachings, and they demonstrated that the power of Jesus, who had been crucified and risen, was now with his followers. It is easy to be drawn to churches because of programs, good speakers, size, beautiful facilities or fellowship. People were attracted to the early church by expressions of Gods power at work: the generosity ,sincerity, honesty, and unity of the members: and the characters of the leaders. Have our standards slipped? God wants to add believers to "HIS" church, not just for newer and better programs or larger and fancier facilities .But that the Power of God maybe manifested through His Holy Spirit, to save, set free, heal, and deliver. God is still working miracles today. He's the same yesterday, today and forever more. God uses whom He chose's, and whom He chose's, He bruise's. We have to go through the fire, but we won't get burned. Test, trials and tribulations, that build our character, shaping, making, and molding us into who He wants us to be. Just as Peter, through our faith and obedience to God we too can have that type of power and authority in the Name of Jesus. That will cost us a complete, surrendered life. I am believing God for that type of ministry.    

• this took me to the woman that has the flow of bleed that touch the hem of Jesus garment. that's amazing that how the power of God through the shadow of Peter can heal the sick. THAT'S THE GOD WE SREVE!!!!!

• This is so good to read about a powerful man of God to walk in faith even as he was chosen and the people knew it.

• I Love God so much! I think of what a powerful and anointed Man of God Peter was, and such obedience, but I also think, Lord God what a Love God has for his people. I not going to only use Peter to Heal my people but for the ones that can't get close enough, I am going to allow those that comes in contact with Peter's shadow to become healed as well! I think of God's great anointing on Peter's life and God's great Love and compassion for his people... I truly pray, that my ministry is what truly pleases God enough so, that if I can't reach every one through touch that God would cause a spirit of healing to descend on his people!!! Just a powerful move of God! I am humbled by the Power and anointing that God gives those whom he has chosen to do his work... And to stay in obedience and constant communication with Abba Father is key.
  • Many cures , signs and wonders were taken place in the presences of the Spirit filled Apostles.  People placed their faith in the miracles.  Peter was looked on with high regards whereas believers started seeking Peter's shadow in hope of having power pass over them.  God's power was demonstrated through Peter & John when a lame man was healed, news of this miracle spread quickly drawing crowds to line up in the streets....  This powerful, if only the Saints would have the same faith today as what they had back in the Bible.....Just imagine...........

• When I read this, it makes me excited about how awesome the ministry that must have been. I have not seen a move of God in any one place that is has as much impact as this describes. The faith,  not only that the apostles had in God was amazing. But also, the faith that the people had. Nobody told them, look, we are gonna have a healing service, so come by and bring all the sick and we will pray that God heals them. That would have been awesome in and of itself, But that didn't happen. Simply because the people believed in God, they figured,, hey,,, if the apostles walk this way often.. how about we just lay our sick folks out along the path they take in case their shadow hits them. What kinda faith is that??!?!?!?!?! Radical Faith!!!! 

That's the type of ministry i'm believing God for. Not a ministry that says I believe in God only, but one that says yess I believe in God... but thatpeople see enough of God in me and through the things He's working through me, that they are stirred to that kind of radical faith.

This reply was deleted.