Acts 5:12-16

New International Version (NIV)

The Apostles Heal Many

12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. 13 No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. 14 Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15 As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Faith without works is dead. When we believe on the word of God all things are possible to them that believe. Miracles, signs and wonders still exists today.

• This is as we should be. People should know they can call upon us as saints and they will be healed. We should walk in a place and with out even having to speak, the atmosphere is shifted for change. As it stands many times they know that there is something different but there is a haze of sorts not allowing the connection as to what that is, which is Jesus. We must do whatever it takes to to get to that place. The world is crying out HELP, and only those with the heart of Christ and knowledge of God can save, deliver and heal through the Jesus in us. Oh it still exist just not as often as it should be. Let it begin more with you and me. Love love, Shermanda
  • Peter was bold, and full of faith.  Peter stepped out of that boat in front of  these disciples who watched him walk on water to his Savior Jesus.  Peter was the only one to ask God to test him in front of these same disciples that was fearing until God said it is I.  Even when Peter began to fear when he seen the waves; the same Peter cried out to God in front of these same disciples, and Jesus reached out his hand, and saved Peter.  Thank God the same yesterday, today, and forevermore. Faith without works is dead.

• Do you know how much of God's Favor and Glory is upon you that your mere shadow does God's work. Wow I am astounding I would love apostolic anointing like that you truly have to stay in God's presence! 

• God want us walking in that same anointing, he wants our relationship and walk to be so close to him that we can lay hands on the sick and they recover, we can take handkerchiefs and prayer over them and because of our faith he will allow people to be delivered and set free from all their infirmities, or because a person see our shadow passing by they will be healed because of that very thing, or believe God that the dead will rise up because we spoke a word and he acted on it the name of Jesus.

• Benetta Nealy said:

As the people prayed for God to show his power that is exactly what occurred.  The apostles were performing miracles and some were even healed just by touching their garments just as the women was healed by touching Jesus garment in Luke 8:43. Peter is walking in his Apostolic anointing as we read these were extraordinary miracles that God did through Paul; as many non-believers whose hearts were open to the Holy Spirit were impacted,  people believed in God as we read the numbers of believers increased.  Praise God, as were continue to focus on God and allow Him to use us as instruments, we too will have an impact on those who are longing for God and a personal relationship with Him.  We have to be as driven as the apostles were, unafraid in both word and deed.  Hallelujah!

• As the people prayed for God to show his power that is exactly what occurred.  The apostles were performing miracles and some were even healed just by touching their garments just as the women was healed by touching Jesus garment in Luke 8:43. Peter is walking in his Apostolic anointing as we read these were extraordinary miracles that God did through Paul; as many non-believers whose hearts were open to the Holy Spirit were impacted,  people believed in God as we read the numbers of believers increased.  Praise God, as were continue to focus on God and allow Him to use us as instruments, we too will have an impact on those who are longing for God and a personal relationship with Him.  We have to be as driven as the apostles were, unafraid in both word and deed.  Hallelujah!

• This is a general account of all the miracles which the apostles wrought by the hands of God where many signs and wonders followed, the miracles they wrought proved their divine mission, these signs and wonders, of a divine presence and power. The church was kept together and all on one accord, they met in the colonnade of Solomon, the temple, or public worship. Those who permitted buyers and sellers could not for shame prohibit such preachers and healers there, the separation of hypocrites should make the sincere cleave so much closer to each other. It gained the apostles great respect, all the people magnified them even though they were not about recognition or fame.

The church increased in numbers believers were being added to the Lord daily, which consisted of men and women. So many signs and wonders were wrought by the apostles that all manner of people put in for the benefit of them. people brought their sick into the street and laid them on beds and couches, the shadow of peter passing by overshadowed some of them even though it could not reach them all, it at that desired effect as the woman who touched the hem of the garment of Christ. In this the word of Christ was fulfilled, greater works than these shall you do, therefore miracles was wrought by Peter's shadow. Paul gave out handkerchiefs from his body, the opportunity was given to the apostles to convince people judgment of the heavenly orgin of the doctrine they preached and to engage people affections both to them and it.

• Beautiful reading.  It wasn't the shadow that healed the people, it was the faith the people had in this man of God.,  It appears to me that back in these biblical days, people had more faith then they do in this present time.  Is it because they saw more miracles performed?  I 'd really like to know the answer to this, because the people that had the faith were the ones that was receiving the blessings.  

• Amen Mother Shirley I agree with that in the early church people were drawn by the demonstration of God's power. Peter was full of the Holy Ghost and God used him in a great way. The people came expecting a God to do what they needed. Today a lot of people just go to church as formality. Evangelist Vanessa the woman with the issue of blood is one of my favorite passage too because it demonstrates power in believing that what we need is in Jesus.
This reply was deleted.