London, Ontario)—One-year-old Joseph Maraachli of Windsor, Ontario, who was to have his life support removed Monday at 10 am, against his parents' wishes, will now not die on the day that Ontario residents celebrated as Family Day. A hustle by pro-life and anti-euthanasia groups resulted in a change in legal counsel, which has led to at least a temporary stay of removal of the child's ventilator. Alex Schadenberg, head of the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition, informed LifeSiteNews Sunday evening that negotiations are underway to transfer Joseph to a hospital in Michigan. In a statement released Thursday, London Health Sciences Centre said it has received a request from a Michigan hospital "to review Baby Joseph Maraachli's medical information regarding the feasibility and appropriateness of a potential patient transfer." "Our focus at this time is to work with the family on a patient care plan and to continue to provide compassionate and dignified care and comfort to Baby Joseph," said the statement. Joseph was taken to Victoria Hospital in London, Ontario in October where he was diagnosed with severe neurological issues. Doctors gave him no chance of recovery. Moe and his wife Sana have asked doctors to perform a tracheotomy so that they could take Joseph home, but the doctors refused, saying the procedure was too risky.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –