DAILY BREAD-2-4-11-(PS 4)

Psalm 4 (New International Version, ©2010) Psalm 4 Psalm 4[a] For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David. 1 Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer. 2 How long will you people turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods[b]?[c] 3 Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself; the LORD hears when I call to him. 4 Tremble and[d] do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. 5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous and trust in the LORD. 6 Many, LORD, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?” Let the light of your face shine on us. 7 Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Footnotes: a.Psalm 4:1 In Hebrew texts 4:1-8 is numbered 4:2-9. b.Psalm 4:2 Or seek lies c.Psalm 4:2 The Hebrew has Selah (a word of uncertain meaning) here and at the end of verse 4. d.Psalm 4:4 Or In your anger (see Septuagint)

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –