DAILY BREAD-4-8-11-(PS 8)

Psalm 8 (New Living Translation) Psalm 8 For the choir director: A psalm of David, to be accompanied by a stringed instrument.[a] 1 O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Your glory is higher than the heavens. 2 You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength,[b] silencing your enemies and all who oppose you. 3 When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers— the moon and the stars you set in place— 4 what are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them?[c] 5 Yet you made them only a little lower than God[d] and crowned them[e] with glory and honor. 6 You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority— 7 the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals, 8 the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and everything that swims the ocean currents. 9 O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Footnotes: a.Psalm 8:1 Hebrew according to the gittith. b.Psalm 8:2 Greek version reads to give you praise. Compare Matt 21:16. c.Psalm 8:4 Hebrew what is man that you should think of him, / the son of man that you should care for him? d.Psalm 8:5 Or Yet you made them only a little lower than the angels; Hebrew reads Yet you made him [i.e., man] a little lower than Elohim. e.Psalm 8:5 Hebrew him [i.e., man]; similarly in 8:6.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –