Replies

• I believe Peter's shadow was able to heal the sick, because this was an act, and miracle, of God's power working through Peter. People had faith and believe there was something special about Peter. I believe God used Peter, because he was enthusiastic, strong-willed, impulsive, and at times brash. Jesus promised Peter would be foundational in building the church, so why not use Peter's shadow to attract the people to believe in God's awesome power! Besides, Peter is Gods chosen! I believe Peter walked in his Apostolic Anointing because Peter simply believe Jesus and walked with boldness.
  • Why was Peter's shadow able to heal the sick people? As I thought about Peter the fighter,fisherman that loved Jesus, was given a second chance after the denial to prove his loved. I believe Peter was sold out to Jesus, he had surrendered his whole being to not letting Christ down again to doing what Christ said "feed my sheep" that's why Peter's shadow was able to heal through the power of the Holy Spirit.
    what I think he did was prayed in Acts 4:23-31 after Peter & John were released from jail they went back to there own people and they raised their voices together in prayer. It went on to say after they were down the place they were meeting was shaken and the all were filled with Holy Ghost and spoke the word boldly.
  • DQ 1, Week Four...

Posted by Apostle T-(Teyshana) Wiley... on August 5, 2013 at 12:55am in School of Prophets...

Send Message   View Discussions

Why was Peter shadow able to heal the sick people? What do you think he done that allowed him to walk in the apostolic anointing? 

Acts 5 New International Version (NIV)

Ananias and Sapphira

Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

The Apostles Heal Many

12 The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. 13 No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. 14 Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number. 15 As a result, people brought the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and mats so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some of them as he passed by. 16 Crowds gathered also from the towns around Jerusalem, bringing their sick and those tormented by impure spirits, and all of them were healed.

Acts 19:11-12New International Version (NIV)

11 God did extraordinary miracles through Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.

Why was Peter shadow able to heal the sick people?:

Peter and his shadow were instruments utilized to fulfill God’s will.  In truth, it was God’s power that healed the sick people.  His grace and mercy was sufficient.  Based on the totality of circumstances of this situation it appeared to me that the theme (context) of the chapter involved the exhibition of His power.  Any rationale in absentia of God is sinking sand, naught for naught.

What do you think he done that allowed him to walk in the apostolic anointing? :

God created Peter.  It is reasonable to assert that what ever he did (if in fact/truth he did anything other than exercise his choice to submit to God’s will /far drawn conclusion) could not have been done with out God.   I premise that Peter’s walk in the apostolic anointing was a gift from God (Jesus).  He was predestined (selection) to walk in the apostolic anointing for God’s will.  It is my premise that to attach a human cause and effect to his walk would be tantamount to asserting Peter would have standing with out God (self-righteousness).     

• Because even Peter's shadow was also apart of him, for you need Light to produce a shadow, and Peter was most definitely glowing in the Holy Spirit. Peter was walking in submissive authority unto the Holy Spirit. He walked in an apostolic anointing like that because He knew who Jesus was. 

• I believe that Peter was able to heal people as he was walking and that he walked in the prophetic because he embraced the call on his life. Peter was 100 percent man and he failed by denying Christ even though he walked on water, he saw Christ do miracles and sat under Christ teachings. Peter still denied Christ. prior to his denial Christ told Peter to feed His sheep. in Matt 16:18 he states to Peter upon this rock I will build my church and in verse 19 that he has given Peter the keys of the kingdom of heaven. In all of these instances he was declaring to Peter his authority, his ability in Christ, and his identity. So I believe Peter was embracing his identity and he walked in faith knowing that Christ has given Him all that was necessary to change the world. 

• I agree with you all of these factors, walking in faith, prayer life, being obedient is the reason Peter had so much power....God gave him favor......

grace rogers said:

His obedience, pray life and he was walking in the calling that God had bestowed upon him, he had the faith. 

• His obedience, pray life and he was walking in the calling that God had bestowed upon him, he had the faith. 

• The Apostles prayers and faith in God enabled him to walk in the apostolic anointing, and this flow from God to him allowed him to heal the sick...

• I believe Peter's shadow was able to heal the sick people, because His shadow was the very anointing of God. It was the very presence of God. Peter's faith or full assurance in the Holy Spirit, allowed him to walk in the apostolic anointing. Peter had a relationship with the father, where Peter went God went. So when the people saw Peter they say Christ. Psalm 91:1 says Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

• Amen Pastor Judith. Once we grow in the anointing of Jesus Christ some of us get beside ourselves and forget who is working through us to perform these miracles.

Judith Franklin said:

I believe it was several reasons. Peter was soul out to Christ. He had received the power Jesus had given to heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons. So he walked in what he knew and believed. He was also humble. Humility is a must if the power of God is to flow out of us to heal. We must always remember that the power is God's, not ours, and just because the power is in us does not make us better then anyone else.

This reply was deleted.