DQ 1 week six....

Why do you think in (Mark 5-vs-7) the legion of demons that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God? Why do you think Jesus ask him what there name was? Do you think in ministry now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons? Do you think the saints are equip or ready for the job? Please Explain.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow! Demons knew exactly who Jesus was "Son of God" they called him, and were aware of their ultimate doom. The Bible doesn’t explain to us Jesus’ reasoning, but displaying His sovereign power over demons could be one reason why Jesus sent them into the pigs. The reason Jesus wanted to know their names was because their were legions of demons which were many.  In the traditional churches today, demons are evil angels that fell just like lighting with satan. If in ministry or churches today knew how many demons in the spirit realm when they sat in  church, and was looking for a body to jump in they wouldn't even to go to church. My God; My God!  We must keep in mind that a real sharp spirit of discernment is needed in order to deal with just one demon let alone legions of demons.  But with God all things are possible through Christ who strength us. I am a witness God allowed the saint to intercede on my behalf with deliverance from some strong forced that had me in bondage.   I would not try this without God as the pilot.    I hope, and pray that with all that we have learned on this week about demons and satan we are better equipped to deal with the evil demons that God allows to test us when he removes the hedges from his people from time to time.  My God My God 

• The demons recognize Because they were once angles in heaven. Remember Satan took 1/3 of the angels with him when he got kicked out of heaven. He asked there NAME so he could speak directly to the demons that was in this man one bye one cause he had multiple demons . And yes today Christian can preform this same act . But first we must know God word and believe it can do whatever God say it will do.
  • I think the Legions of demons that was in the man said Jesus what do you want with me, Jesus son of the most high God, because he owned him to be the son of God, it is not strange to hear the best words drop out of the worst mouths. I believe Jesus asked him what was there names because Christ wanted a account of the unclean spirits names, the unclean spirit answered and said his name was Legion, for we are many, this let Christ know the devil have military powers, they war against God and his glory, Christ and his gospel, men and their holiness and happiness, Legion was boasting about how numerous they were as a way to say we are too many for you to handle and deal with, but they feared Christ power and knew he could stand in the midst of them with his power and might, that's why they asked for permission to be cast in the swine that was grazing near by. Ministry today recognize legion of demons but they are afraid to cast these demons out,  have been in services where the people starting leaving when demons showed themselves powerful in people and the preacher just said a normal prayer and sent the person out like he came in.  I believe some saints are equipped and know what to do while other sleep, because a anointed woman or man of God will never send someone bound by demons back out like they came in, I would not, and I would cast the devil out in the name of Jesus Christ, so people can be delivered and set free from so much demonic spirits.

• The legion of demons knew exactly who Jesus was and who his Father is, they did not want anything to do with Jesus since they have denounced him as Saviour.  They also, knew that Jesus could get rid of them permanately anytime he wished and they did not want that. Jesus ask them their names to see if they would be truthful regarding the amount that was with them.  God is able to give the spirit of discernment to those who ask for it, with the spirit of discernment you will be able to recognize a legion of demons.  I don't believe that the saints are ready for the job, if the Leader of the Church is not teaching about casting out demons than the body of the church will not be able to do it. It starts with the leadership and the direction he is taking the Church the oil drips down.

• when power is in a place demons will show them self and they know who Jesus was. on top if it the man ran to Jesus. when it's time to be free no demon can stop you. what I saw in the text Jesus told the unclean spirit to come out, then ask what is your name. Jesus ask because there was more then one. more then one can live in people. saints will be able to recognize them by learning about them. only if they are willing and are not afraid to  do the job.

• Jennifer, I agree Legions knew what was about to go down and had the nerve to ask for Mercy.  Isn't that something?

Jennifer Scott said:

The legions already knew who Jesus was, and they knew what was about to go down,He was going to cast them out. Just the name of Jesus is so powerful and His presence just would blow you away because of His anointing, power. Just thinking about it make me say Hallejuiah thank you Jesus. He was just making them speak out who they were because He already knew, and they already knew who Jesus was. Some of the saints in ministries do know and are able to cast out demons. At my church my pastor teaches about them and casting them out. But you have to be prayed up,fasted up and worded up or them thing will whoop your socks off because they are very powerful. The exocrcist of emily rose is a good example of how they work. But there are churches who don't teach on these things and thats probably because they are not equipped to handle them or think its not that important

• Even the demons trembled at the name Jesus.  Legions knew the power of God and knew exactly who God was and was afraid of the outcome which is why it begged for mercy. I don't know much on the subject but from my understanding that the lack of divine supernatural knowledge and wisdom, the Church is not equipped to handle a spirit of this magnitude.  Once the church is united yes it possible, all things are possible with God.

• Every tongue is what the word of God says. Even the demons have to recognize who Jesus is. They had to call on his name just like everything that has breath. I don't think that we are prepared to cast out demons like we think. Much training is need. We have to know what to say doing this time. We have not been trained properly in this field. I understand that when the demons were cast out they have to go somewhere. If you cast them out then where do you put them? Do they go to the next person? 

• I am totally in agreement with each response, and enjoyed every single one I read. I truly thank you for also answering my sentiments as well.  But Mother might add to what you all have so beautifully articulated. Demons are real, powerful and dangerous.When Jesus encountered the man who was demon possessed.The Lord imposed His will on the Demons and the man was delivered. Evidence of the man's spiritual emancipation was immediately apparent, not only on the transference of the demons into the herd of swine, but also in the renewed mind and attitude of the man. After the people saw what happened to the man and the pigs, they pleaded with Jesus to "Go away and leave them along. (Luke 5:17) The healed man begged to go with Jesus, but Jesus said no, go home and tell your friends what wonderful things Jesus had done and how merciful He was to him. The man was simply to say what he knew from his own experience. He did what he was told and influenced 10 cities. Now that's witnessing! You don't have to be highly trained to be effective. But you do have to be saved and excited about it. Sadly the farther people progress from their initial commitment to Christ, the less they communicate the joy of their salvation to those who know little about it. As they grow spiritually, they tend to spend more time in a Christian environment and less time with those who don't know the Lord. which does nothing for their calling to be witnesses. We have to maintain a balance in being rooted and grounded in the fellowship of the Lord and and His people, and branching out to those who need to know. The Lord may send us away from our fellowship experiences, as he did the healed man, in order to send us out into the cities within the sphere of influence. We all said here am I Lord send me I'll go. Like the healed man let's get excited. Let's get up and get out into the cities and tell someone, any one, and everyone, about Jesus and what he has done and the mercy He has shown us.    

• Because of the power and authority he had he knew who he was up against and he wanted to question him to see if he would answer him back. People are not equip to that because they are not teaching the different spirits in people. We have to know how many are in the people.

This reply was deleted.