DQ 1 week six....

Why do you think in (Mark 5-vs-7) the legion of demons that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God? Why do you think Jesus ask him what there name was? Do you think in ministry now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons? Do you think the saints are equip or ready for the job? Please Explain.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Because he knew the power that he had over them was so great. It was legion which meant many of demons. It depend on if they can see them and if they know how to identify them if they know how to cast them out. They can be equipped for the job if they have the training for it. Some people are scared in the church for these to go on. 

• The man had been demon possessed for a long time (Luke 8"27) We can imagine this man wasn't always demon possessed, at one time this man had a normal happy life, but his own irrational wild behavior convinced the villagers that he was possessed by demons. I believe the demonic spirit recognized Jesus as light of world and they recognized Jesus spirit (Holy Spirit) which was high power and authority. This is why the unclean spirit question Jesus saying what did he want with him? Jesus probably ask the name so we would know the full extend of the problem. Legion which mean many. I personally don't think saints are fully equipped and ready for these types of spirits. With the proper teaching and training yes they definitely would be ready without a doubt.

• I think the legion knew the power that Jesus had. It knew that Jesus came to cast it out. Also I think that the legion couldn't stand the presence of the most high God.

I believe Jesus asked the legion it's name for one reason, so that Legion could properly identify itself.  I believe Jesus knew already what legion He was dealing with. You have to know the name of a person to get them to respond to you. Jesus had to call it by name, so that He could cast it out completely. Or else it would have been in vain.

I don't think that many saints would be able to recognize a legion of demons, because most churches don't teach about it. It's one thing to recognize a legion of demons and another to know them by there name. 

• The Legions knew that Jesus had all power and authority to completely destroy them and Jesus asked for their names so he could cast them out by name.....Saints today are not trained to cast out demons because it's just not taught in the churches today....You have to be prayed up before you can fight.....you have to have a spirit of discernment along with wisdom and knowledge of spiritual warefare...

• They knew who Jesus was and , I believe he wanted him denounce each one by name so he would be totally free, Depends if the saints have been trained and equipped. I do believe if the teachings that we are getting they would be equipped

• They know the power of Jesus to cast them out when Jesus ask his name because it was mltiple demons possessand legion i going to say everyone is not flow in the anointed as a seer next one everyone is not flowing in the anointed as a seer maybe and may not everyone is not on the same level in the spirit relem.
  • The demon wanted to destroy man's relationship with God. In James 4:7 it says if we resist the devil he will flee from us. Jesus knew the man was possessed by many demons.Jesus goal was to give people freedom from sin and statins control. I would say no the saints would not recognize a legion of demons because their focus are of themselves and off the things of God. People have allowed themselves to become distracted with minute things. The only way saints will be equipped for the job is to completely surrender themselves over to Jesus and become a willing usable vessel living and walking in total obedience to God.
  • As we learned in this weeks studies, there are many demons. Many of these demons command legions of demons. I believe this demon asked the question "what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God?"  because he represented many demons because he was a master or command demon and realized that Jesus was going to put them in check. Thus the reason he said me instead of us

Jesus replied to the the ungodly spirit by asking what there name was because he discerned and recognized the multitude of spirits dwelling inside the man because of his actions. 

In todays church, I feel that most churches would not recognize a legion of demons because the focus is not on the war of good vs evil but the focus is on other topics like prosperity and the other tangible topics that focus on raising money (ie books, seminars etc.) versus salvation and the good fight of faith. Their focal point and prayer focus is on the next conference or seminar thus creating a deficit of power to recognize and fight the enemy.

I believe in many churches, the saints are NOT equipped or ready for the job of battling demons. I've visited many churches and I can count on one hand the congregations that I feel could stand up to major spiritual warfare and win.

• First they knew who He was and they knew what He could do. The demon asked the question because it knew Jesus was going to cast it out of the man. the demon knew it couldn't stay there. I believe Jesus asked what their names were so He would know what demon He was dealing with. 

Honestly unless they are fully under the anointing I don't think they would be able to recognize a demon. I know once we get to a certain place spiritually we are able to recognize demons. I believe the saints could be if they stay connected to the Holy Spirit and move as God would have them to move. 

• I think they asked Jesus what he wanted with them because they know that their time is limited on the Earth.  They knew the power and the authority that Jesus possessed.  I think the saints who live a fasted life and understand deliverance may be equipped and ready for the job. Saints who allow religion and traditionalism to dictate their actions will not.  The word of God tells us that somethings only happen by fasting and praying.  Saints are doing much praying these days and a lot fewer are fasting.  I think Jesus inquired of them their name because he wanted to deal with the demon based on it's name and the authority that they believe they have. 

This reply was deleted.