DQ 1 week six....

Why do you think in (Mark 5-vs-7) the legion of demons that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God? Why do you think Jesus ask him what there name was? Do you think in ministry now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons? Do you think the saints are equip or ready for the job? Please Explain.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amen Pastor Kimberli, yes the spirits knew who Jesus was the Anointing, power, authority, Glory, and dominion he carried, and that is why they was like man is the elimination time is now. That is the same authority we carry when we walk in Faith, and eating our STEAK, and know that every dimensional realm of heaven have our backs. You are correct; when you said you obeyed the voice of God, and begin to fast. That is the one of the main key factors in spiritual warfare. Why do you think the body of Christ is afraid of teaching the members and people about demonic forces? Explain Why?

Pastor Kemberli McGee said:

Demons know who Jesus is for them to ask is like why are you here, is this our hour. Jesus asked for the demon to respond, I am sure Jesus knew the name of the demon, but the conversation alone to me is just wow.

I have been in church and seen a Prophet speak to a demon before and cast him out.

I think we can recognize if we ask God and have faith in him. We have to pray and then go.

I will never forget when I us to usher, this one lady hugged me and I got so sick to my stomach I went to the bathroom, and had to throw up.

God told me then, to start fasting that Saturday before church on Sunday.

• Demons know who Jesus is for them to ask is like why are you here, is this our hour. Jesus asked for the demon to respond, I am sure Jesus knew the name of the demon, but the conversation alone to me is just wow.

I have been in church and seen a Prophet speak to a demon before and cast him out.

I think we can recognize if we ask God and have faith in him. We have to pray and then go.

I will never forget when I us to usher, this one lady hugged me and I got so sick to my stomach I went to the bathroom, and had to throw up.

God told me then, to start fasting that Saturday before church on Sunday.

• I believe the legion of demons asked what do you want with me Jesus because they knew Jesus He was there when they were cast out of heaven, they were afraid. Jesus asked the name because He had told the demon to come out and the demon was still talking Jesus wanted to know the name because they didn't come out immediately Jesus knew them too.
    I do believe they would be able to recognize a legion of demons because of the Holy Ghost. Yes I believe saints can be equipped and ready because those God calls He Does equip. God knows everything before it happens so just as Jesus was there God will position the right person to be at the right place for someone to receive total deliverance.
  •     

Why do you think (soul/cognition) in (Mark 5-vs-7) the (legion of demons) that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want (passive resistance) with me Jesus, son of the most high God (acknowledgement of God)? Why do you think Jesus ask him (rhetorical question) what there name was? Do you think in ministry now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons? Do you think the saints are equipped or ready for the job? Please Explain.

Legion (demons)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Greek word chora (χώρα) is used in the original Greek, translated "country" in the King James Version, but it can also be defined as meaning "the space lying between two places or limits" or "an empty expanse".[5] In Luke 8:31, the word abyssos (άβυσσος) is used, meaning "bottomless pit".[6] Although none of the words translated as "Hell" in the Bible (being sheol, Gehenna, Haides, tartaros) were used in the passage, one interpretation is that they begged to be spared from being sent back to Hell. Jesus casts the demons out of the man, granting their request, and allows them to dwell in a herd of pigs.[7] The pigs then drowned themselves in the Sea of Galilee.[8]

Luke 8:27-38New International Version (NIV)

27 When Jesus stepped ashore, he was met by a demon-possessed man from the town. For a long time this man had not worn clothes or lived in a house, but had lived in the tombs. 28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don’t torture me!”

29 For Jesus had commanded the impure spirit to come out of the man. Many times it had seized him, and though he was chained hand and foot and kept under guard, he had broken his chains and had been driven by the demon into solitary places.

30 Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“Legion,” he replied, because many demons had gone into him. 31 And they begged Jesus repeatedly not to order them to go into the Abyss.

32 A large herd of pigs was feeding there on the hillside. The demons begged Jesus to let them go into the pigs, and he gave them permission. 33 When the demons came out of the man, they went into the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and was drowned.

34 When those tending the pigs saw what had happened, they ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, 35 and the people went out to see what had happened. When they came to Jesus, they found the man from whom the demons had gone out, sitting at Jesus’ feet, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 36 Those who had seen it told the people how the demon-possessed man had been cured. 37 Then all the people of the region of the Gerasenes asked Jesus to leave them, because they were overcome with fear. So he got into the boat and left.  38 The man from whom the demons had gone out begged to go with him, but Jesus sent him away, saying,

Matthew 8:30-34New International Version (NIV)

30 Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31 The demons begged Jesus, “If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs.”

32 He said to them, “Go!” So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water. 33 Those tending the pigs ran off, went into the town and reported all this, including what had happened to the demon-possessed men. 34 Then the whole town went out to meet Jesus. And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave their region.

Mark 5 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Restores a Demon-Possessed Man

They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

14 Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15 When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16 Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17 Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis[b] how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

Please Explain.

Why do you (personal/discernment) think in Mark 5-vs-7 (context subject and thought) the legion of demons that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God?

Apples do not fall far from the tree.  In so much as Satan was forced from heaven and cast to the ground, I submit the question in and of itself is rhetorical (God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow).  The daemon recognized God and realized immediately His authority.  The mere posing of the question was indicative of cunning passive aggression via defiance.  The legion demon (s) did not immediately obey Jesus command.  Ultimately the demon (s) did not want to be cast from their host, nor did they want to be cast into the abyss.

Why do you think Jesus ask (rhetorical) him what there name was? 

It is reasonably obvious that Jesus knew about the Legion (s) demon (character/attributes).   The demon (serpent) was a created satanic spirit.  It is my lathe opinion that Jesus was indulging conversation with the demon (commander) to facilitate self exposure via the Legion demons.  In addition there to, one may premise that Jesus understood how violent the demon is and what the conceivable implications of that could be on the human body should the exorcism/deliverance turn violent (remember the demons went into a couple thousand pigs).  The clever verbal discourse between Jesus and the demons may have been a strategy (modeled for the saints) to facilitate a means (respecting the formidable opponent) to the desired end.   It is a comforting fact that God imposes limitations in respect to outcomes in reference to what Satan and his daemons can do to the saints.          

Do you think in ministry (five Fold ministry/part of the unified body of Christ) now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons?

Yes, within the context of Spiritual discernment via the indwelt Holy Spirit based on the totality of circumstances under the auspices of the Lords will.  One must contemplate the delicate balance between having faith, being courageous and bold, being obedient, and submission to the will of God within the paradigm of the Holy Bible to include but not limited to the truths in Revelation.     

• I believe the demons ask Jesus what do you want, because they knew Jesus wasn't about to play no games, become friends, and was no non-Sense! They knew he was about to get the job done. That qeustion is usually asked when you're tied of someone bothering you! Lol I believe Jesus asked their names to identify that He had to commanded to leave. If the church is taught properly I believe the saints could recognize a legion, but theu would have to study to show themselves approved, pray, and be in the will of God for him to give total disclosure of those legions of demons. I believe the REAL saints, that aren't faking their way through ministry are getting equip and are equipped and ready for the job. As long as your in the will of God and He releases you, and you have the Full Armor of God clothe on you, you're ready!
  • Just as in Mark 1:24 they wondered why Jesus coming around messing with them, “Leave us alone”, we are not bothering you. The demonic spirit was being annoyed, irritated as well as displeasure being meddled with the Holy One of God. On the other hand how cunning the enemy was; perhaps the demon sought to show acquaintance with Jesus to discredit Him and make it appear that He was in league and/or union with the demon world (partners).  Not sure but will try to answer, Jesus knew exactly who they were and how many it was, but he got them to denounce their name, just as we have to denounce to Jesus what is our issues, “Come to the throne of grace with boldness, make your request made know to God, and a lot of people think this scripture is for “Lord I need help maybe in finances, a mate, but actually saying Lord I am struggling with this demon of fornication, adultery, lesbian and so forth, and not dealing with one demonic spirit after a while the demonic spirits grow, there are relatives, cousins, aunts (if you will).  Most won’t, due to various reasons; however if we have the relationship as Jesus did with God there is nothing we can’t do, overcome, recognize, and have the equipment to handle it…Put on the whole Armor, nowhere he says take it off; so if we apply the word and truly seek the face of God, we will conquer all.  

• Discussion Question (DQ) Week Six:

Why do you think in (Mark 5-vs-7) the legion of demons that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God? Why do you think Jesus ask him what their name was? Do you think in ministry now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons? Do you think the saints are equip or ready for the job? Please Explain.

By Pastor Prophet Marsha “Fire Starter” Jones

Mark 5:7 New International Version (NIV)

He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!”

Why do you think in (Mark 5:7) the legion of demons that was in the man said to Jesus, what do you want with me Jesus, son of the most high God?

He cried with a loud voice; that is, the evil spirit cried out, using the organs of the man whom he possessed. What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the Most High God? From hence it appears that, although at the great temptation of our Lord in the wilderness, Satan had but an imperfect knowledge of him: yet now, after the evidence of these great miracles, and more especially of his power over the evil spirits, there was a general belief amongst the hosts of evil that he was indeed the Son of God, the Messiah. I adjure thee by God, torment me not. The torment which he dreaded was that which he might suffer after expulsion. So St. Luke says that they entreated him that he would not command them to depart into the abyss. Great as this mystery of evil is, we may believe that the evil spirits, although while they roam about upon this earth they are in misery, still it is some alleviation that they are not yet shut up in the prison-house of hell, but are suffered to wander about and their depraved pleasure in tempting men; so that, if possible, they may at last drag them down with them into the abyss. For they are full of hatred of God and envy of man; and they find a miserable satisfaction in endeavoring to keep men out of those heavenly mansions from which, through pride, they are themselves now for ever excluded.

Why do you think Jesus ask him what their name was?

Christ asked them what their name was not for his own sake; for he was not ignorant of his name, nor of the number of the unclean spirits which were in the man; but partly, that it might be known what a miserable condition this poor man was in, being infested, and vexed with such a large company of devils; and partly, that his own pity and power in delivering him, might be more manifest.

Do you think in ministry now would the saints be able to recognize a legion of demons?

In today’s ministries, most saints would NOT be able to recognize a legion of demons due to the lack of knowledge and teaching on this subject. During ministerial matriculation, this subject was touched upon twice as a sermon. Knowledge and training in this area should be expounded upon greatly as a tool to cast out the legion of demons that exists today.

Do you think the saints are equip or ready for the job? Please Explain.

It is surmised that saints are under equipped and not adequately prepared to cast out or even recognize legions of demons due to the lack of knowledge, training, and equipping for such a feat in the body of Christ. In fact, more study, training, educating and equipping needs to be developed in a global curriculum for exorcising demons. It would be widely welcomed to have the ability to identify and cast out legions of demons in this present age and ages to come.

• Excellent comment Tonya. We must worship God in spirit and Truth.
  • The demons knew the power that Jesus possessed and knew he was not afraid of them. Because he probably wanted to see what they were going to say back to him. If they were familiar to what they were dealing with. Some are equipped if they are being taught. Most people don't know what to say to make them come out.

• The demons tremble at the name of Jesus. They even humble themselves and acknowledge who Jesus is. They knew the power Jesus has and the Authority He posse. Jesus knew that were more then one, Jesus ask them there name as an example for us, inform us that they are many of them as well. That we should recognize what and who we are dealing with. No the saints wouldn't be able to recognize a legion of demons.  No because they are not being taught now an days we dealing with surface christians they can't handle the little demons. No they are not equipped or ready because some if them don't wanna grow spiritual or give up there ways or stop arguing with the little demons we stuck on titles, making a name for themselves instead of being powerful spiritually they rather be powerful naturally which means nonthing in the eyes of the Lord. 

This reply was deleted.