Replies

• Jesus was sending them out as sheep among wolves. They were kind, loving n innocent. He wanted them to be as wary as serpents always on the look out for evil and ready to discern and staying focsed on the enemy because they would be arrested and tries as well as whipped in the synagoges, and even stand trial for His name sake but that would give them the opportunity to witness to the world and tell them about Jesus. He didnt want them to take the credict but to let the people know and them theirselves remember tat it was Jesus and without Him they could do nothing. But for them to let God speak through them and they let God have His way. But they should be willing and ready to watch God work.

• I think he told us to be humble so we can hear and to listen for what he need to say to whats going on. He wants us to be like doves so we can be successful and to be able to help people . Never think that you know every thing be kind and not stubborn how can he use you if you are messed up. He needs us to be prepared for what ever comes our way to trust in him when things are going on around us to prepare us if people are doing us wrong thats why we have to be humble.

• He told them that because of how he sat down and taught them the meaning of how to treat people. He also was saying that because they had to go out to win souls. The doves ascend out to come back meaning something good was going to happen. That is what he is teaching us to do today. We want to go on our own understanding but the teaching that Jesus taught was good and very good.And when we are humble to the call it will not be about us but about God.

• AMEN

• You all just blessed me with all of the responses!! Some Mighty and Powerful WOG!!! Jesus said be wise as serpents and humble as doves. Often times snakes don't go looking for a fight, they will hide to avoid confrontation but are well equipped to do battle if need be. We are to be aware and cautious where we are sent and who we are sent to but being fully equipped with the word of God to combat the enemy. Being humble as doves, showing humility toward the people where you are sent. Preach the word with conviction but with love. With love and kindness have I drawn thee.
  • you know so the snakes cant "gotcha" gotta think like a snake and move in da spirit of the lord a few steps ahead of thy dirty snake letting the power of the lord gide us in Jesus Name. - amen

Teri May Boncher said:

Jesus said in Matthew 10:16 Iam sending you out like sheep among the wolves therefore be as wise as serpents and humbles as doves. - Im thinking we ought to know and look out . know what the enemy is thinking (serpent)' snake '. So we don't fall into its traps. Being aware of the enemy's ways. Not being proud or arrogant but modest meek and humble. Being wise and harmless. Love in a dove like manner with one another and those who are outside the body of Christ because we should also walk in love. Love can win souls to the kingdom as well. Walking by the spirit of god being wise and meek.

• Jesus said in Matthew 10:16 Iam sending you out like sheep among the wolves therefore be as wise as serpents and humbles as doves. - Im thinking we ought to know and look out . know what the enemy is thinking (serpent)' snake '. So we don't fall into its traps. Being aware of the enemy's ways. Not being proud or arrogant but modest meek and humble. Being wise and harmless. Love in a dove like manner with one another and those who are outside the body of Christ because we should also walk in love. Love can win souls to the kingdom as well. Walking by the spirit of god being wise and meek.

• Blessings Students, This was very powerful I thought I would share this: Lashawn Law:

Hello Pastor, Hello Classmates :)

I believe Jesus tells us to be wise as serpents, because if u study the nature of a serpent, it's behavior is crafty. Often the serpent will first observe a situation, prepare a plan of attack, then carry that attack out with stealth and minimal effort. If we are to be effective in ministry it would do us well to adopt this tactic. To use our discernment to prepare an effective and efficient approach to every situation. While using minimal effort. I don't believe God would have us worn out in the effort to minister. Now the amount of ministering we do may be taxing, but we should not be worn out because we aren't being efficient.(This is some awesome feedback an analysis of a serpent.) This is something that we all as leaders in the body of Christ should apply to our walk in ministry.. Wonderful Answer Lashawn... 

• Hello Pastor, Hello Classmates :)

I believe Jesus tells us to be wise as serpents, because if u study the nature of a serpent, it's behavior is crafty. Often the serpent will first observe a situation, prepare a plan of attack, then carry that attack out with stealth and minimal effort. If we are to be effective in ministry it would do us well to adopt this tactic. To use our discernment to prepare an effective and efficient approach to every situation. While using minimal effort. I don't believe God would have us worn out in the effort to minister. Now the amount of ministering we do may be taxing, but we should not be worn out because we aren't being efficient. 

Jesus also tells us to be as humble as doves. We ought to be approachable at all times. Not arrogant and puffed up, thinking more highly of ourselves than we ought to. Always pointing to God and giving Him the credit for all that we do. The dove is a symbol of peace. As such, we are told to seek peace and pursue it. If there be any strife at all with us, it should be our striving to live peaceably with everyone we encounter. Now we know that it's not always possible to be at peace with people. Some people just won't allow that. But we can do our part to promote peace. To be humble in all things. And always reverence God in what we do.

• Amen Shaloria, this such a power response to this discussion question. You are on point and you even discuss why Jesus wanted the disciples to remain humble as doves, Do you think if men and women of God applied this mandate from Jesus, that ministry would be more effective? 

Shaloria Michaela Mitchell said:

Hello Pastor Teyshana, Jesus told his disciples to be wise as serpents and humble as a dove because he had prepared them for ministry, to go out and share the good news. He told them to be wise as a serpent, meaning he wanted them to be aware, clever, having discernment, being practical and intelligent as they went out to minister, where they ministered and who they ministered to. When he told them to be humble as doves, he wanted them to remain submissive, not arrogant, not prideful, not boast about themselves. Jesus wanted them to be modest in their behavior, attitude, and spirit, not bragging or proud. Meaning it may be them who spoke God's word, but knowing the words come from God and no them. Meaning being able to cast out demons but knowing that it was all God's power and the name of Jesus. Meaning being able to heal the sick, but humble enough to know that God is only using you and without him we are nothing. Wise as a serpent, listening, paying attention, not losing focus, being sharp, putting up on things, but humble as a dove, to know you are right but you don't say anything you give it to god. Humble enough to know I have to forgive even though they were not there. Humble  enough to know sometimes I cant open my mouth, but I have to just let go and let god. That's what I got from the scripture.

This reply was deleted.