God desires that all His people move in the prophetic (1 Corinthians 14:1, 5, 31). The prophet Joel (2:28, Acts 2:17-18) stated that as part of the last day outpouring of the Holy Spirit “your sons and your daughters shall prophesy.” The Church will only begin to fulfill Jesus’ promise of doing even greater works (John 14:12) by embracing and walking in the prophetic. 

This is why the devil has worked so hard to discredit the prophetic ministry. Most pastors have been subjected to false prophecies or come in contact with a false prophet(s). With the recent restoration of the office of the prophet, abuses accompanied the real thing. The devil seeks to magnify the abuses and instill fear in the hearts of God’s people, especially leaders, so they will not give proper place to the prophetic.MarksofProphet_callout.gif

There are different levels of the prophetic flow:
1) The Spirit of Prophecy: (Numbers 11:24-30; 
1 Samuel 19:20-24; 1 Corinthians 14:24, 31) This refers to a corporate anointing that can rest over a body of believers that enables anyone exercising faith to prophesy.
2) The Gift of Prophecy: (Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 12:10; 1 Corinthians 14:3) At times God will give an individual the gift of prophecy for a specific occasion. There is a vast difference between one who exercises the prophetic gift from time to time and the office of a prophet.
3) The Office of the Prophet: (Ephesians 4:11; 1 Corinthians 12:28-29) God chooses specific individuals to function in this ministry role. 
4) The Prophecy of Scripture: (2 Timothy 3:16) No new prophecy of Scripture is taking place. In addition, all prophecy is to be compared with Scripture for accuracy.

The Function of the Prophet:

1) to operate in the office of a prophet by foretelling and telling forth (interpreting) God’s word
2) to travel in team ministry with apostles confirming existing churches
3) to help establish and ground new churches
4) to impart vision to God’s people and help them learn to hear God’s voice 

According to 1 Corinthians 14:3, when prophetic ministry is released properly in the Church it will:
Edify: build up or confirm church members 
Exhort: call, encourage, and excite people to duty
Comfort: strengthen, bring ease, help, and encourage – like a healing balm to a wounded spirit

The following areas may also be evidenced through the prophet’s ministry:
Direction: God-given revelation concerning His plans for an individual or a congregation 
(Acts 11:27-29)
Conferral: when God imparts spiritual gifts to an individual through prophecy, prayer, and laying on of hands (1 Timothy 4:14; 2 Timothy 1:6; Romans 1:11)
Confirmation: when God confirms a matter through another individual unrelated to the situation 
(Acts 21:4, 11)
Correction: setting things right in a spirit of love 
Judgment: bringing the reverential fear of God in a redemptive manner. This is not common.
Equipping: bringing order to the Body of Christ by matching gifted people with appropriate ministries, making the congregation more effective 
(Ephesians 4:11-16)

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have experience the prophetic flow; and it is unexplained and I know that God wants his people to operate fully, that’s why the 5-fold ministry is so vital to our church and when we don’t allow that, we are telling God we know what’s best.  A slap in his face. As stated in our reading; “The Church will only begin to fulfill Jesus’ promise of doing even greater works (John 14:12) by embracing and walking in the prophetic. I have heard people say “How can we do greater works than Jesus”, My study lets me know that the answer is in the extent of what the apostle did, Jesus work on earth was confined to the Palestine; the apostles, you and I will preach everywhere and see the conversion of thousands if not millions.  Look at Peter’s message at Pentecost about 3,000 people became new believers.    

• I enjoyed this reading as it exposes the truth that the enemy has tried to discredit the supernatural, and that judgment, and effectiveness is important to the body. We must be corrected to grow into the image of Christ.   

• I'm Embracing the greater works and the prophetic anointed.
  • Amen. I had to read again.

• Such awesome teaching. 

• Much needed in the church on today and to know that you have the authority to walk in this calling. 

• Interesting read. There is so much error out there and people are all confused when it comes to the office of a prophet and having the gift of prophecy. I pray God will reveal the difference and remove the confusion and error.

• This is real good, I think if the pastors or the body of Christ understood this there would not be so much fighting, competition in the church you would understand the role of the prophets and prophetic, 

• Now let's walk in it!!!

• I have taken extensive notes on this reading. Because, I read want to understand & be able operate in all Five Folds of Ministry.

This reply was deleted.