Ephesians 3

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Mystery Revealed

For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.

Purpose of the Mystery

To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all see what is the fellowship[a]of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;[b] 10 to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him. 13 Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

Appreciation of the Mystery

14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,[c] 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Footnotes:

1. Ephesians 3:9 NU-Text and M-Text read stewardship (dispensation).
  2. Ephesians 3:9 NU-Text omits through Jesus Christ.
  3. Ephesians 3:14 NU-Text omits of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Lord for the grace that kept us and the holy spirit that dwells within us. Your love is sooooo filling  thank you for always being there, my favorite scripture is Psalms 91 "He who dwelleth in the secret place of the most high God shall abide under the shadow of the almighty" thats protection and love, it works because i have used  this scripture when i was going through his word do not come back void glory to God!

• I appreciate and love the mystery keep revealing the mysteries of heaven Oh Lord!

• Amen! Hallelujah!

• Our lives must be an open book.  Thank you Lord for those that you sent along the way to encourage me to continue on in your Grace.

• For preaching the true doctrine of Christ, the apostle Paul was a prisoner, but a prisoner of Jesus Christ, he was the object of special protection and care while he was suffering for the sake of Christ. All the gracious offers of the gospel and joyful tidings it contained come from the grace of God, it is the great means by which the spirit work grace in the souls of men. The mystery is that secret hidden purpose of salvation through Christ. This was the great truth made known to the apostle that God called the gentiles to salvation by faith, in Christian effectual working of divine power attends the gifts of divine grace as God appointed Paul to the office so he qualified him for it.

Those whom God advances to honorable employments he make low in their own eyes and where God gives grace to be humble, there he will give all other needful grace. How highly he speaks of Jesus Christ the unsearchable riches of Christ though many are not enriched with these riches, yet how great a favour to have them preached among us and to have an offer of them, and we are not enriched with these things out of nothing and the new creation where by sinners are made new creatures by converting grace are of God by Jesus Christ his riches are as unsearchable and as sure as ever, yet while angels adore the wisdom of god in the redemption of his church the ignorance of self wise and carnal men deems the whole to be foolish.

The apostle seem to be more anxious lest the believers should be discouraged and faint upon his tribulations then for what he himself had to bear. He ask for spiritual blessings which are the best blessings, strength from the spirit of God in the inner man, strength in the soul, the strength to serve God and to do our duty. If the law of Christ is written in our hearts and the love of Christ is shed aboard there then Christ dwells there. Where his spirit dwells there he dwells, we should desire that good affections may be fixed in us. How desirable it is to have a fixed sense of the love of God in Christ to our souls, how powerfully the apostle speaks of the love of Christ; the breadth shows it's extent to all nations and ranks, the length that it continues from everlasting to everlasting, the depth, it's saving those who are sunk into the depths of sin and misery, the height, it's raising them up to heavenly happiness and glory. Those who receive grace for grace from Christ's fullness may be said to be filled with the fullness of God, should not this satisfy man, must his needs fill himself with a thousand trifles fancying to complete his happiness, it is proper to always end prayer with praise; let us expect more and ask for more, encouraged by what Christ has already done for our souls, being assured that the conversion of sinners and the confort of belivers will be to his glory forever and ever.

• Mother Shirley, you are a great women of God.  I feel your strong love and anointing for prison ministry and I do as well.  I believe and feel strongly about a lot of you replies and discussions.  They are powerful and needed and I see God himself smiling down on you:)

Mother Shirley Lee said:

Paul was in prison writing letters, giving an account concerning himself being appointed by God the Apostle of the Gentiles. Thank God for giving Paul this work in showing favor for the gentiles and for God showing him the secret plan of His, that the Gentiles too, are included in His kindness and we will have the full share with the Jews in all the riches inherited by Gods's Son.This secret was revealed by the Holy Spirit to His apostles and prophets that all are invited to His (God's) church and God's promises of mighty blessings through Christ apply to both Jews and Gentiles as the except the Gospel of Christ and what He (Jesus) has done for them. Paul stated that God had given him His power and special ability to do it well. He said he did not deserve it and did nothing to deserve it thinking himself to be the least and useless of all Christians. God had planned it from the beginning that all could come boldly to the throne of grace fearlessly right into the presence of God. Assured of His glad welcome when we come trusting in Christ Jesus redemptive work. To show all the rulers in Heaven how perfectly wise he is when all of His family -Jews and Gentiles alike- are seen to be joined together in His church. "Hallelujah.Glory be to God in the highest heights of Heavens. Pause gave them words of encouragement. He said please don't loose heart at what they are doing to me here in jail. It is for you I am suffering., and you should feel honored and encouraged.he said when I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan I fall on my knees, praying for the family of God.some already in heaven and some on earth that out of His glorious, unlimited resources, He will give us the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit as Christ becomes more and more in our hearts, as the roots go deep down in our soul of God's unconditional LOVE as we trust in Him, understanding how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His (God's) love really is, and experience it for ourselves, never fully seeing the end of it or understanding the greatness of it but just know you will be filled up with God Himself...OMG!!!! Hallelujah. Now be glory unto God who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would dare to ask or even dream of- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, thought, desires, or hopes. May He be given glory and majesty forever and ever through endless ages because of His MASTER PLAN of SALVATION for the church through our Lord and our Savior Christ Jesus. We praise Your Holy Name Jesus for counting us worthy of so great a SALVATION,. You didn't have to Save us. You didn't have to die for us. You didn't have to love us so. But thank God...."You"...Did. We Love You "JESUS" more than anything. Lord we Thank You for the ultimate sacrifice.  

• It is refreshing to know and understand that God will be with us always. Paul was blessed to understand the mysteries of the gospel. I love the fact that God can do more than I can even imagine.
  • I so love this passage, because Paul had so much compassion for the church, he humbled himself and said not for anything that I have done, but God has made me a minister by the gift of his grace by the effective working power.  He didn't have a secret that he wanted to keep to himself, he reveals God's secret of the Holy Spirit to them to encourage them to have faith in God that they may be blessed and to have Christ within them.  " I am the least of the saints that be graced should be given to preach the gospel".  I know for me this is one of the reasons, it took time for me to walk in my calling, feeling of unworthiness, so deep in sin and fear of rejection.  I am ready to take it on, turned up for Jesus.  Ready to soar.

• Paul was in prison writing letters, giving an account concerning himself being appointed by God the Apostle of the Gentiles. Thank God for giving Paul this work in showing favor for the gentiles and for God showing him the secret plan of His, that the Gentiles too, are included in His kindness and we will have the full share with the Jews in all the riches inherited by Gods's Son.This secret was revealed by the Holy Spirit to His apostles and prophets that all are invited to His (God's) church and God's promises of mighty blessings through Christ apply to both Jews and Gentiles as the except the Gospel of Christ and what He (Jesus) has done for them. Paul stated that God had given him His power and special ability to do it well. He said he did not deserve it and did nothing to deserve it thinking himself to be the least and useless of all Christians. God had planned it from the beginning that all could come boldly to the throne of grace fearlessly right into the presence of God. Assured of His glad welcome when we come trusting in Christ Jesus redemptive work. To show all the rulers in Heaven how perfectly wise he is when all of His family -Jews and Gentiles alike- are seen to be joined together in His church. "Hallelujah.Glory be to God in the highest heights of Heavens. Pause gave them words of encouragement. He said please don't loose heart at what they are doing to me here in jail. It is for you I am suffering., and you should feel honored and encouraged.he said when I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan I fall on my knees, praying for the family of God.some already in heaven and some on earth that out of His glorious, unlimited resources, He will give us the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit as Christ becomes more and more in our hearts, as the roots go deep down in our soul of God's unconditional LOVE as we trust in Him, understanding how long, how wide, how deep, and how high His (God's) love really is, and experience it for ourselves, never fully seeing the end of it or understanding the greatness of it but just know you will be filled up with God Himself...OMG!!!! Hallelujah. Now be glory unto God who by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would dare to ask or even dream of- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, thought, desires, or hopes. May He be given glory and majesty forever and ever through endless ages because of His MASTER PLAN of SALVATION for the church through our Lord and our Savior Christ Jesus. We praise Your Holy Name Jesus for counting us worthy of so great a SALVATION,. You didn't have to Save us. You didn't have to die for us. You didn't have to love us so. But thank God...."You"...Did. We Love You "JESUS" more than anything. Lord we Thank You for the ultimate sacrifice.  

• Because of Gods Grace and Mercy jews as well as gentiles have the right to the tree of life, as we accept God as our Lord and Saviour and what He has done for us. God has give us power an authority. Not because we deserve aythyhing but because He chose us. Gods love for us is never ending. I can do all things thu Christ who strengths me.

This reply was deleted.