Galatians 5:13-26 New International Version (NIV)

Life by the Spirit

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh.They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited,provoking and envying each other.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love this passage of scripture because it reminds to focus on our attitudes and motives in life I just want to please the lord and he is telling me how and how I should live
  • 1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.

1 John 4:20
    Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.

The bible says, for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life. You see (1)the works of darkness vs (2) the works of the spirit of life...

(1) The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.  

(2) The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

• If we love one another as we are commanded a lot of things would not be. Help
  • We will not live in fleshy ways, thank God we die daily! Teach us God to live by the Spirit! Your spirit!!!
  • Faith and love is the way not circumcise (law).  Crusify flesh and pursue the fruits of the spirit. The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 

• Amen pastor kemberli

Pastor Kemberli McGee said:

Amen!

Love thy neighbor as you love yourself, this is a commandment.

• Amen people always say they love but the real love is when you can love someone else just like you love yourself.Just as you love yourself love someone else.
  • Amen!

Love thy neighbor as you love yourself, this is a commandment.

• Yes we are called to be free, at the same time to be careful of the flesh, motives, and various acts such as jealousy, haughty and or pride spirits.  

• Amen continue to walk in the Spirit and we will not gratify desires of flesh

This reply was deleted.