ipod.jpg

Hearing God's voice is something we all long for-but did you know that it's not hard to do? In fact, God wants you to hear His voice! He doesn't speak to us through a quiver in our liver or through vibes or mediums. Hearing the voice of God is as natural as hearing your best friend talk to you. What's more, we can hear Him every day and not just on special occasions or by chanting special incantations. He speaks to us in the natural moments of life. Do you want to hear God's voice? Then you must be ready to listen.

When you want to have a conversation with someone, how do you begin? Do you stand in front of the person and hope they will talk to you? That might work if the other person is outgoing enough, but usually, we begin a conversation by opening our own mouths and talking, engaging the other person's attention. It's the same with God! He loves to hear us talk to Him, and it's in those moments that we prepare ourselves to hear the voice of God. Prayer is like saying, "Hello, God, it's me. I believe You created me and that You know way more about how I should live my life than I do. I'd like to get to know You better. Here's what's going on in my life, and I'd sure like Your thoughts on how to handle it. Would You please speak to me about this today?" 

In an ordinary conversation, we speak, then listen for the response of the other person. It's the same with God! Once we've prepared our hearts to listen through prayer, we're more likely to hear the voice of God. Does He speak to us through an audible voice? Some claim He does, but usually, that's not the case. We may not actually "hear" the voice of God, but He speaks to us in many ways. Here are some of them:

God speaks through His Word
God speaks through our thoughts
God speaks through conversations with others
God speaks through circumstances
The Bible itself declares, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). In another place, we read: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16). 

You may hear people say that the Bible is just a book written by men, but the Bible itself claims to be God's Word! Can we rely on it? The evidence of history, archaeology, fulfilled prophecy and personal testimony over thousands of years is overwhelming that the Bible is, indeed, God's Word. 

The Bible says this about God's Word: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:-vs-12) 

In the book of Revelation, we read: "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20). God will never force you to obey Him, but waits for your willing response to His call. Are you hearing His voice right now?

This week I want you to meditate on these scriptures and tell me, in your assignment. How your relationship with God has grown in this past week?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lord as you take me into the deeper depths of You, make my senses keen that I miss you not.

• Father God for I am hungry! to hear from you,and to be bless with the spirit of discernment and have no doubt that you are speaking to me. I know you speak to me for you guided me here to the school of the prophets, Glory to God you are worthy lord and i thank you. i praise your holy name.

• when the students ready the teacher will appear . when we stop going on are own agenda and stop to hear what God is saying through the holy spirit and his word  and he will add to you knowledge  wisdom and understanding.

• I have never been so excited and revised about the word of God this week. It has just been refreshing and a blessing.
  • I long to always hear the Voice of God. I know when I seek him and do his Will I do hear him. When we are obedient to his will we hear him clearly. In all thy ways if we acknowledge Christ we shall be forever in his presence.

God always gives us clear revelation when he speaks to us or through us. He gives us conformation letting us know that what we heard or said was from him.

Lord let my ears be cleaned out so I never miss your voice, let mind my mind be clear so I may know your thoughts, let my heart be free so I will know your Love, let my soul cry out that you may comfort me and let my Spirit worship you that you may get the Glory!

Lord have your complete way in me!

• It is written that he will honor the person that prays and do things in secret. Lord I need to pray to you in secret in the quiet place father that you will honor it and hear me. Father help me to give you some part of my day to dwell in your prescence.

• In the past week my relationship with God has grown more because I am spending even more time in the word of God, studying more, reading more, working on class assignments, praying more, encouraging others more through the word of God situations that they are facing. I also find myself communicating with God more and just actually taking time to really listen to what God is trying to speak to me through his word, other anointed vessels, and through my own thoughts, God has been giving me dreams as well. I see myself picking up speed with the things that God want me to stand in in this season having and unstoppable spirit when it comes to the things of God. I see me crossing over in this season to the other side doing those things that God will give me the grace to do, moving in a higher dimension.

• Thank u Jesus.... thank you lord thank u lord. Father I want to get deeper and deeper. I dont want to stop here. I want to have a deeper relationship with u. Help me to clear my thoughts and to hear your voice much clear and much more often. teach me to put flesh aside. In jesus name. Amen

• I look forward to responding to this by the end of the week. I'm having a spirit expectations God is already doing something great. Praise God! Enjoyed reading it.
  • Lord there is so much internal noise going on that , I have to really clear and quiet my mind so that I can hear you when you speak.  Condition my mind to do this so that I might hear.  Thank you Lord.

This reply was deleted.