ipod.jpg

Hearing God's voice is something we all long for-but did you know that it's not hard to do? In fact, God wants you to hear His voice! He doesn't speak to us through a quiver in our liver or through vibes or mediums. Hearing the voice of God is as natural as hearing your best friend talk to you. What's more, we can hear Him every day and not just on special occasions or by chanting special incantations. He speaks to us in the natural moments of life. Do you want to hear God's voice? Then you must be ready to listen.

When you want to have a conversation with someone, how do you begin? Do you stand in front of the person and hope they will talk to you? That might work if the other person is outgoing enough, but usually, we begin a conversation by opening our own mouths and talking, engaging the other person's attention. It's the same with God! He loves to hear us talk to Him, and it's in those moments that we prepare ourselves to hear the voice of God. Prayer is like saying, "Hello, God, it's me. I believe You created me and that You know way more about how I should live my life than I do. I'd like to get to know You better. Here's what's going on in my life, and I'd sure like Your thoughts on how to handle it. Would You please speak to me about this today?" 

In an ordinary conversation, we speak, then listen for the response of the other person. It's the same with God! Once we've prepared our hearts to listen through prayer, we're more likely to hear the voice of God. Does He speak to us through an audible voice? Some claim He does, but usually, that's not the case. We may not actually "hear" the voice of God, but He speaks to us in many ways. Here are some of them:

God speaks through His Word
God speaks through our thoughts
God speaks through conversations with others
God speaks through circumstances
The Bible itself declares, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). In another place, we read: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16). 

You may hear people say that the Bible is just a book written by men, but the Bible itself claims to be God's Word! Can we rely on it? The evidence of history, archaeology, fulfilled prophecy and personal testimony over thousands of years is overwhelming that the Bible is, indeed, God's Word. 

The Bible says this about God's Word: "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:-vs-12) 

In the book of Revelation, we read: "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20). God will never force you to obey Him, but waits for your willing response to His call. Are you hearing His voice right now?

This week I want you to meditate on these scriptures and tell me, in your assignment. How your relationship with God has grown in this past week?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Praise our Father sister from another mother, my prayers are with you too you, I ask our Father to give you your heart desire because after tonight message and letter don't doubt that He didn't hear you. Because He loves the question that you ask and even mine. Agape!

Shawn Love-Williams said:

Lord help me to take time and listen, and not just rush through my day! Teach me to quiet my mind so that I hear you more. Thank You Lord!
  • Praise our Father my Brother from another , I pray that you get greater Wisdom like Solomon and understanding. And my He give you the desire of your heart. AGAPE!!

Gerard Burton said:

I've had new faith growth in God this week. I had doubts last week on a few topics but now the negative pressure is gone. I know God IS working it out.

• I've had new faith growth in God this week. I had doubts last week on a few topics but now the negative pressure is gone. I know God IS working it out.

• Lord speak to me more and more each day I head you loud and clear I'm listening to you Father... ... thank you Father God for talking to me
  • Amen and Praise our Almighty Father to all WOG and my sister from another mother I'm not going to jump too far into the lesson but I realize if I don't acknowledge my Heavenly Father before I open my eyes I'll lose track of communicating and allowing God to use me. Because when I get up I first have to go to the bathroom then here comes the distractions, the phone rings, and my mind start racing. I remember I need to do something I forgot to do yesterday. I have to take my Meds, I have to eat, as soon as I get up I had forgot to pray, read the word. Then I forget all about GOD. And put on the whole armor of God. LL(devil) demons await for me as I sleep and when I wake up. I feel your sisters that's marry or not and have children and works it's not enough time in a day. My prayers is especially for Pastor T. and all the WOG.

• The ways I have grown in this past week, is as follows:

!) I'm striving to "whole heartily put God, first" in everything I do & say.

2) Pray, when i first open my eyes, literally!

3) Getting a full understanding, why there were always so, many doctrines?

4) Striving to walking in "my God given gifts" within "my purpose through to my destiny"

5) Beginning to stop getting so upset so fast!

There are only a few, I'm so grateful for this wealth of information.  No, more will I allow myself to "literally toss to & fro" from doctrine to doctrine.  I'm really striving to "grow into spiritual maturity"

Pray God for this "eye opening & life changing" experience. In Jesus Name, I receive & accept it in Jesus Name AMEN!!!!AAAAAGGGGAAAAPPPEEEE

• Everything God said to me has come to pass. This morning the Lord mention something to while I was still asleep when he woke me i said to myself better to obey then to sit in doubt.. I made the call but What I was expecting didnt happen , after taking care of my bussiness as always, it was when I got home my grand daughter began to listen to my voice mail and there it was 748.00$ !!! All I could do was scream and sing, Thank you Lord !!! There is not a day that hasnt gone by without me hearing from my Lord and savior even if they are silent i can hear them... I Prasie them..Amen :-)
  • I hear God speaking to me all the time. I heard him audibly at 12yrs. old whenI was called into the  ministry. I love hearing him speak to me.

• Father in heaven, I surrender all to you. Remove death and dumbness spirits that might be trying to prevent me from hearing your voice very clear . I ask that you give me Revelation,understanding , knowledge to seek your face and trust that it is you that speaks to me .I cancel any distractions off  my  mind and I decree that my listening senses are enlightened to hear your voice .My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:5

• God speaks to me everyday! I depend on His voice to direct me. I've learned how to recognize His voice whether it's through dreams, visions, confirmations or songs. And I know clearly when He speaks to me. His Word says that His sheep recognize His voice.
This reply was deleted.