I am A Ruby Gospel Artist of the Week. (April 2012...)

Da Truth....   truth.jpg

Philadelphia’s Emanuel Lee Lambert, Jr. a/k/a Da’ T.R.U.T.H. is the foremost artist in Christian Rap.  This Cross Movement protégé is an urban missionary who gives back to his community of faith through words of truth, which are beset by the raw honesty of his personal triumphs and failings. Sometimes this truth is set to music and is birthed into the most prolific and prophetic rap songs of our time. And sometimes his truth is delivered in word, as this knowledgeable pastor is able to capture hearts and minds with or without a soundtrack. But in every instance, this man of God, who is decorated with honors and accolades from the music industry, is an educated teacher of the Word and is continually evolving. He has a sincere desire to impact a generation with The Truth of Jesus Christ, so he lives the truth, epitomizes the truth and indeed, IS Da’ T.R.U.T.H.

Receiving Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior at a very young age, Da’ T.R.U.T.H.listened to contemporary Christian music but never had an interest in rap, although he found elements of the culture appealing. He began playing drums as a teen and discovered a natural affinity for rhyming when he stumbled into free-style rap. This innate skill led to Da’ T.R.U.T.H. co-founding a Christian Hip Hop group called NIV and acquiring the first moniker of ‘Truth’.  From there, the urban missionary was born.

A graduate of Philadelphia Biblical University and The Institute of Jewish Studies, the vanguard rapper received a 2007 Stellar Award for Rap/Hip Hop Gospel CD of the Year for THE FAITH.  That album was highlighted by Da’ T.R.U.T.H. co-producing the project and even playing keyboards and drums. In doing so, it was a demonstration of his credence that “artistry should never be placed on the altar for the sake of the message – instead, it should heighten its potency.”

2009 brought about a Stellar Award and a GRAMMY® nomination for OPEN BOOK. Continuing this magnetic streak, he captured a 2010 Stellar Award for THE BIG PICTURE which also reaped GRAMMY® and Dove Award nominations. THE BIG PICTURE was the first Christian Hip Hop CD to debut in the #1 spot on the iTunes Christian and Gospel chart, and Da Truth’s second debut at #2 on the Billboard Gospel Charts. 

Da’ T.R.U.T.H. continued to establish his place as a hit maker when he was featured on two Top 10 singles (Radio and Records Christian Rhythmic Chart) with label-mates The Ambassador (“Feels Good”) and Flame (“LADIES”). He was also featured on Kirk Franklin’s “Hero” world tour alongside sister duo, Mary Mary. Da’ T.R.U.T.H. has toured extensively, making appearances at Bishop T.D. Jakes’ MegaFest, Christian Music’s premiere music festival, Creation Fest, Rap Fest, Flavor Fest and many other live gatherings.  He also garnered national television appearances and performances on the 24thAnnual Stellar Awards, MTV’s My Super Sweet 16, BET’s Lift Every Voice, TBN, Daystar and Gospel Music Channel.

IMG_5582.jpg

Da Truth. Music Video, The Whole Truth...

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –