Mark 2 (New International Version, ©2010) Mark 2 Jesus Forgives and Heals a Paralyzed Man 1 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4 Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” 8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, 11 “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Verse 9 holds so much weight becasue people want to know the sins of those that are sick and why they are sick. Jesus proved to us that sin has nothing to do with their illness what is imporant that they are healed and delivered that God gets the glory. Like the man that was blind since birth and the people were wondering the sins of his parents and him, they were not concerned about his deliverance or healing. So many are like that in the church today that people are not getting healded because of nosey folks. People are dying because they got to fill out an application of their past in order to get in the healing line, Jesus said would it be better to say your sins are forgiven or say take up your bed and walk? Who is to say the paralytic man sinned? It could have been from an accident, from birth, some form of medication but the first thing people think is what did he do to get this way? Sometimes our sin brings on sickness and when we are forgiven of one thing it fixes another. 

• Bless you Pastor Robin, you are absolutely correct. Many leaders and people in the church, assume of the worst, and always think negative instead of positive. Jesus said it best, healed people do not come to the hospital, sick people do. We must understand as Jesus stated in( John 9) the man is sick, therefore people can see the God in him. Sometimes, an illness can happen therefore, people can see the God in that individual. We must know we are the Individualization of God. If we believe, and have Faith in God, we surely will see his Glory in everything. HalleluYAH.

Why do you think the church is still carrying the scribes, and Pharisees spirits today?

• Blessing Apostle. This may sound crazy but because of all the impurities that have infected the true Word of God it's hard for people to be genuine and pure. Example when I was growing up my grandparents had a garden and a small farm which they planted in pure, rich untainted soil. They knew what needed to be planted, knew the season it should be planted and they took the proper care of the garden and farm. Those who are real for Christ will do just what my grandparents did. They know the season to plant, they will take care of the seed, nurture the seed and watch it grow. After it grew they carefully dug the potatoes up, pick the corn, snapped the beans because they took pride in their work and they gave God the glory. The Scribes and Pharisees are like the new framers so much pesticide and chemicals that alter the original plan of God for us to feed ourselves. They have not grabbed hold to the Kingdom concept and that is the Messiah came to establish His Fathers Kingdom on earth. They were being lead by Herold Law. So they had been programmed to believe in mans laws and not the Kingdom laws. They are like green beans in a can filled with preservatives that takes place of that nature intent. It's that reservation of letting God take total control of their lives. So the misconception of real reason Jesus came has infected their spirit with pesticides of lies and false teachings. 

• Blessings Pastor Robin Albright yes the body of Christ leaders do not grasp hold of who God is, and who is Jesus in their lives. Religion is a demonic ancient virus and infection to the church/body of Christ. If we do not use our Supernatural Spiritual antibiotic to eliminate this dis-ease to the church. It will lead the people astray. I love the story about your grandparents, yes when you plant a seed in pure soil and Holy pure ground, you will see a great fruitful harvest. 

God is eliminating all the false teaching, water down preaching, and these windbags prophets.

Jeremiah 5:12-14 Names of God Bible (NOG)

12 They lie about Yahweh and say,
              “He doesn’t exist!
                  Nothing bad will happen to us.
                      We won’t experience war or famine.
          13 The prophets are nothing but windbags.
              Yahweh hasn’t spoken through them,
              so let what they say happen to them.”

14 This is what Yahweh Elohim Tsebaoth says:

Because you’ve talked like this,
              I’m going to put my words in your mouth like a fire.
                  These people will be like wood.
                      My words will burn them up.

Pastor Robin Albright
          I Am A Ruby Network is a Nonprofit 501c3 Transforming community that equips and empowers Men and Women in their Purpose, Dreams, and Destiny
This reply was deleted.