3730011940?profile=original

CANDIDLY SPEAKING WITH CANTON JONES

April 19 2011 by admin

What do you get when you blend a little Hip-Hop with Gospel?
CANTON JONES!

The 33-year old, Deerfield, FL native is taking bold steps and sharing God’s word, as he hits the streets to reach today’s young (and not-so young) with his music.

WHAT MESSAGE ARE YOU SHARING WITH YOUTH?
CJ: I learn a lot through my interactions with our young people. The thing I hear from them most often is that they want to be cool. Whether it’s in the way they dress, how they talk, or the way they walk—they just want to be cool. The message I share with them is that they can have Christ in their lives and still be cool. You can still have your swag and love God. I re- mind them that they can be in this world, but not of it.

TELL US HOW YOU’VE GROWN MUSICALLY ON YOUR LATEST PROJECT, DOMINIONAIRE?
CJ: I’ve grown on this CD mainly through my work and collaborations with other artists like James Fortune, Deitrick Haddon, Keith “Wonderboy” Johnson, my wife Ramona and others. I’ve poured my heart and soul into this project. My listeners will find everything from worship selections to easy-listening to Contemporary Christian Music on this CD. We tried to include songs that were appealing to the entire family.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN FIVE TO TEN YEARS, WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF?
CJ: I can see myself still being in the business, but I also have other goals like getting into film; starting a clothing line and taking on other business ventures. I’d also like to develop other artists on my label, CAJO Records. I believe that once you can do something for some- body else, that’s when you become successful.

WHAT ENCOURAGEMENT DO YOU GIVE TO OTHERS WHO WANT TO FOLLOW YOUR FOOTSTEPS INTO GOSPEL MUSIC?
CJ: Stay true to your beliefs and never shy away from those things. Be confident and bold in how you represent God. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and pursue Him. I tell them to never be afraid to give God your gifts now and remember that only what you do for Christ will last.

For more info on Canton Jones, please visit http://cantonjones.net

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –