Mark 1:21-32

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Drives Out an Impure Spirit

21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.

Jesus Heals Many

29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her.31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.

32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Jesus with all here power and might only had to speak it and demons were cast out. God is the ,aster physician, nothing is impossible for him. Those who believed and had faith were made whole and delivered. People really want to be delivered. Many of whom are not capable or strong enough to cast out spirits.

• Love this freedom

• My lord. My lord.... lol. That was a gangster move.... my father said " be quiet".... they always tell on themselves. He talks with no fear and such authority. He trains his people. How to xome at them. How not to fear. . . Also the demons know he is the son. Yet jesus left us his spirit. Meaning we have the same... lol I see why I get so hood on these demons. Thank u lord for leaving us ur spirit
  • My God The Power and Level of Authority Jesus Had Was And Still Is Profound

• One thing that I noticed is how calm Jesus was when he spoke in a stern voice.  It was the command of authority that Jesus used not the yelling and screaming but a spoken word.

• Totally awesome. This has stirred something inside of me. Father God I repent for not walking fully in the authority you have given to me. Cleanse my heart and mind from all thoughts and doubt. Help me move forward with all power and authority to advance the Kingdom I'd Good in the earth while bringing healing, wholeness, restoration, peace, love, joy, etc to those you have called me to.
    Pastor TraShawn the questions you posed are valid. HOW LONG WAD HE SITTING THERE LIKE THAT? HOW MANY TIMES DID HE COME WEEK AFTER WEEK AFTER WEEK, AND STILL NO HELP.
    Thank you Lord for reminding us that You have given us power over the enemy.
    Anj
  • Christ observed the Sabbath day religiously, the Sabbath's are to be sanctified in religious assemblies, it is a holy day. On the Sabbath day in religious assemblies the gospel is to be preached, Christ was a non such preacher, he did not preach as the scribes, who expounded the law of Moses, which did not come their hearts or had any authority, but Christ taught as one who had authority when he began to preach, he worked miracles for the confirmation of his doctrine. Christ casted out a devil from a man possessed in the synagogue at Capernaum, the man did not come to be taught or healed, the rage that the unclean spirit expressed at Christ, he cried out in agony at the presence of Christ. The spirit called him Jesus of Nazareth the holy one of God, because this spirit knew his doom and knew he could not stand before the power of Christ. The spirit desired to have nothing to do with Jesus, they dreaded being destroyed by Christ. The spirit wanted to be left alone but Jesus rebuked him, hold your peace, and come out of the man, the man screamed out when the spirit came out of him, the impression this miracle made upon the minds of the people it astonished them that saw it, they were all amazed, they wanted to know what thing was this, what new doctrine was it, because with authority he commanded the unclean spirit and they did obey him, Jesus fame immediately spread abroad throughout all the region about Galilee. When they came out of the synagogue they entered the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John, Simon wife's mother was sick with a fever, Jesus healed the woman and the same hand that healed her strengthen her to minister to them, the cure is in order to that, to fit for action. It was on the evening of the Sabbath when the sun went down that many brought their sick to him, till the Sabbath was over, all the city gathered at the door, Jesus healed all that was brought to him, he healed all sorts of diver diseases, cast out many devils and suffered not the devils to speak.

• God is God, and there is no other.  God said every knew shall bow, and every tongue shall confess the Lord Jesus Christ, even demons know who He is.  My God, My God. The devil is defeated, because God's Word is alive, and it is powerful.  We have the power to speak over our marriages, sickness, demons, witches, and every unclean that does not line up with the Word of God.  Glory be to God.  It's power in the name of Jesus.  Let break every chain, break every chain in Jesus name. Let none of these words fall to the ground in the mighty name of Jesus.  Amen

• My God.  The same authority that Jesus taught with he removed the spirit with.  The authority was so strong on Jesus that when he went in to Simon's mother-in-law that his mere touch healed her.  There was no doubt in Christ of the authority in which he operated, nor was he intimidated by the impure spirit.  I love the words that Jesus said, in John 14:11-13

King James Version (KJV)

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

•  Jesus said that those who believe will be doing the works He did (which was healing the sick, raising the dead, casting out demons, etc.) and even greater (John 14:12). Jesus also said before He went back to be with the Father that those who believe will be casting out demons (Mark 16:17).

What manner of man is this, the wind and sea obey him?  The blood that will never lose it's power.  God has given us the same power to call out impure spirits and lay hands on the sick.   It's amazing how demons recognize Jesus before he speaks, this leads me to believe atheist and those who don't know Christ truly knows that he exist.

This reply was deleted.