Mark 1:21-32

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Drives Out an Impure Spirit

21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.

Jesus Heals Many

29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her.31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.

32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Healing to power to to cast out demons/ In today;s world we see so much stuff going on , demons running things simply because we do not possess the power that Jesus has given us. We are to busy just being band aid Christians afraid to operate and get to the very root of these issues so the sick and demon possessed are in need of some healing and deliverance.

• The unclean spirit recognizes the holy one of God Jesus command the spirit to come out with authority and they obey him.
  • Grace, A lot of people won't walk in the authority they have because they don't activate their faith and trust God to do what he said he would do. They don't understand that the work will be done by his spirit and not by their might.
  • They knew who Jesus and his command the demons came out because of the power and authority that he has, and he given us the same power and authority, I think sometimes we do not walk in it he said greater works would we do

• God was the ultimate authority because he knew and understood what the scriptures meant. God limits what evil spirits can do; they can do nothing without Gods permission. Gods word was enough to send out the demons.
  • The people was astonished that Jesus not only taught with authority. He also casted out impure spirits as well.  AMEN AMEN AMEN AAAGGGAAAPPPEEE!!

• Jesus is Lord! That is how we should be walking  like Jesus! that when we enter a room ,especially if it is a dark room we should show like a beacon of light , that the darkness would be attractive to the light ...Jesus spoke with power and authority and things were done . he had confidence in his Father God and he was humble and rightheneous and his obedience showed every where he went. his Prayer and fasting consecrating life was producing fruit.

• I believe Jesus gave us this perfect example of the power that we also have. He also shows us to what extent we can also do if we activate our faith and focus on Him.

• Jesus co king on the scene speaking with authority was the game changer he didn't speak like those teaching the law. Authority brings about a change. When he spoke to people possessed they changed because the demon left. When Jesus spoke everybody listened including demons

• Again the demons knew who Jesus was and what He was capable of doing and no matter what they had to obey Him because He had power and authority over them. 

This reply was deleted.