Mark 1:21-32

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Drives Out an Impure Spirit

21 They went to Capernaum, and when the Sabbath came, Jesus went into the synagogue and began to teach. 22 The people were amazed at his teaching, because he taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law. 23 Just then a man in their synagogue who was possessed by an impure spirit cried out, 24 “What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

25 “Be quiet!” said Jesus sternly. “Come out of him!” 26 The impure spirit shook the man violently and came out of him with a shriek.

27 The people were all so amazed that they asked each other, “What is this? A new teaching—and with authority! He even gives orders to impure spirits and they obey him.” 28 News about him spread quickly over the whole region of Galilee.

Jesus Heals Many

29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they immediately told Jesus about her.31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.

32 That evening after sunset the people brought to Jesus all the sick and demon-possessed.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• God is a COMMANDER AND HEALER! Thank you JESUS!!
  • Jesus exercised dominion over impure spirits by silencing them and commanding them to come out of people.  He also healed the sick.

• This passage of scripture goes along with our Extra Credit questions. The demon trembled with FEAR because he knew that Jesus was "the Holy One of God!" Even the demons recognized His Power and Authority while He walked on Earth. They were not confused...they OBEYED His command and came out of the man. People stood in awe then and still remain in awe today of the Power and Authority that He has given each of us!

Pastor Prophet Marsha "FIRE STARTER" Jones 02/22/15

• Yes prophetess u better say that

PROPHETESS "POWERPACK" PATRICIAJ said:

We must operate in the Authority that has been given to us...Amen

• We have the same power to heal the sick..We will be effective in healing and setting people free
  • Authority is the key,we have to know that we have the authority.

• We must operate in the Authority that has been given to us...Amen

• We know that the spirits have to come subject to what we say. Jesus is the example to the spirits to listen to him know the power.

• Jesus doing the works of his father in Heaven. This is his way of convincing the crowd that he is whom he said he is. Lord of Lord and King of Kings.

• Jesus showed us how to deal with demonic spirits. We are to tell them to leave. Command them to leave.

I'm so glad I learned this week that we are never to bind a spirit or demon or sickness.

This reply was deleted.