Mark 11:16-26

New International Version (NIV)

16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’[a]? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’[b]

18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

19 When evening came, Jesus and his disciples[c] went out of the city.

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[d] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” [26] [e]

Footnotes:

1. Mark 11:17 Isaiah 56:7
  2. Mark 11:17 Jer. 7:11
  3. Mark 11:19 Some early manuscripts came, Jesus
  4. Mark 11:23 Some early manuscripts “If you have faith in God,” Jesus answered, 23 “truly
  5. Mark 11:26 Some manuscripts include here words similar to Matt. 6:15.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes Lord I believe and know that non of the words I or my family speaks will fall to the ground in Jesus Name Amen!

• We must remember the House of the Lord! Our body is a house of the Lord, for he dwells within us! That is why prayer is so important. We cannot live without prayer. God says whatever we pray in his name and believe it, we shall receive and it shall be given unto us. We must have faith that Gods word will not return unto him void, for he is the Lord our God!

• Father I chose to forgive my enemies, even the enemies only you know who the are, I chose to express true Agape love for them, so that I may receive all that you have for me by faith even the size of a mustard  seed.  I say the mountains in my life to go and throw yourself into the sea with no doubt in my heart, but I believe all of your Word so that I may receive all that you have for me, and I know it will be mine.  These words will not fall to the ground in the name of Jesus I pray...Amen

• Wow, there is so much going on in each verse.  We must go forth boldly in the Lord, producing and cultivating fruit in Faith, forgive, pray, and never be in fear.  Worry does not have the power to change our focus that is why we cast down every imagination so that we only entertain those good thoughts.

• Lord please help us to believe. Give us more faith to move through things we come against.

• Christ looked to find some fruits for the time of gathering figs though it was near, was not yet come, but he found none, he made the fig tree an example, not the trees, but to the men of that generation. It was a figure of the doom upon the Jewish church to which he came seeking fruit, but found none. Christ went to the temple and began to reform the abuses in it's courts to show that when the redeemer come to Zion it was to turn away ungodliness from Jacob. The scribes and the chief priests sought not how they might make their peace with him, but how they might destroy him. a desperate attempt which they could not but fear was fighting against God. The disciples could not think why that fig tree should so soon wither away, but all wither who rejects Christ, it represented the state of the Jewish church. We should rest in no religion that does not make us fruitful in good works. Christ taught them from then on to pray in faith. It may be applied to that mighty faith with which all true believers are endued and which does wonders in spiritual things. It justifies us and removes mountains of guilt, never to rise up in judgment against us, it purifies the heart and removes mountains of corruption and makes them plain before the grace of God, one great errand to the throne of grace is to pray for the pardon of our sins and care about this ought to be our daily concern.

• Aw this is relative to one of our Rap it up quiz questions.  My sister helped me with this question, because I didn't relate forgiveness with verse 24.  It doesn't say but, when you stand praying.......it says and when you stand praying, which means in addition to your prayer of faith.  What I gathered from the two verses is that before you stand before the Lord, ask for the pardon of your sins, whatever they may be, if you wish the Lord grant you anything.  It clicked.   I've heard intercessors say do't go before the Lord dirty.  Amen

• Amen it is awesome to know if we are praying according tomGod's word and His will we shall have it
  • I enjoyed all of your responses. You all have mother in tears as I read your comments and feel the passion and love you all, have for the God's Holy Word. I am so very happy and excited for the students of 2013, and 2014. Class of 2013 thank you so much for your untiring devotion and commitment in assisting our beloved, hard working, truth finding Pastor TEYSHANA Wiley.OMG!.Teacher, Admins. Directors, Saints, family and friends, of (2013) Thank you for helping us through this awesome and amazing 8 weeks of being empowered by God's anointed WOG. Everyone of you. Thank you. We couldn't have made it this far without you. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You held our hands as you lead the way, and we'll cross the finish line (Jan. 11,2014) like Pastor say whoop whoop. Lord we thank you, never would have made it without You Lord God. I would have lost it all, but now I see. You were there for me, and now I'm stronger, wiser, better, so much better. God I thank you. Love and appreciate you all. Class of 2014 You showed up and showed out, and hung in there and we made it. Now God has a blessing with our names on it. Hallelujah. This is only the beginning, keep pushing, keep pressing, keep reaching, keep loving God's word and His people, keep fasting and Praying, keep denying your selves (flesh) for the plans, purpose and promises of God's Eternal, Heavenly Kingdom. In that blessed name of Jesus. I declare and decree that we shall all sit at the welcome table and see our Savior face to face, As He says well done, my good and faithful servant...Hallelujah. Glory be to God. Love you all to pieces. "smooches"..Ummm-mah.             Mother: Pastor: (Dean) Shirley Lee.....I am so godly proud of all of the 2014 students. May God bless you as heaven smiles upon you. AGAPE   

• Jesus became angry, but He did not sin.There is a place for righteous indignation. Believers have a right to be upset about sin and injustice and should take a stand against it. But as Jesus we must make sure our anger is toward the right issues instead of being passive over personal insults and petty irritations. The word says be angry but sin not. The fig tree yields a great amount of fruit twice a year, in late spring and early autumn. This incident occurred early in the spring and in early autumn when the leaves were beginning to bud. The figs normally grow as the leaves fill out, but this tree had no figs,The tree looked promising but offered no fruit. Jesus harsh words to the fig tree could be applied to the nation of Israel, fruitful in appearance only, Israel was spiritually barren. Jesus used the illustration of the mountain to show that God can do the impossible. God will answer our prayers too. As a believer we must not hold grudges against another person, we must not pray with selfish motives, our request must be for the good of God's kingdom, to pray effective we must have faith in God, not the faith in the object of our request, Jesus always prayed with God's interest in mind. It's okay to express our desires, but we should want God's will above ours. Speak the Word and let the Word do the work. Mother: Pastor Shirley Lee  

This reply was deleted.