Mark 11:16-26

New International Version (NIV)

16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’[a]? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’[b]

18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

19 When evening came, Jesus and his disciples[c] went out of the city.

20 In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. 21 Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “Truly[d] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.” [26] [e]

Footnotes:

1. Mark 11:17 Isaiah 56:7
  2. Mark 11:17 Jer. 7:11
  3. Mark 11:19 Some early manuscripts came, Jesus
  4. Mark 11:23 Some early manuscripts “If you have faith in God,” Jesus answered, 23 “truly
  5. Mark 11:26 Some manuscripts include here words similar to Matt. 6:15.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• True!!! Have faith in God!
  • Search my heart that I may be found pleasing in your eyes create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me.... purge me that I may be made clean now let the blessings of the Lord over take me.. money cometh to Kimberly from the north, south, east and west now!! And it is sealed by the blood of Jesus I dispatch Angels now Micheal I need you strength and fighting power so the angels of health wealth, and prosperity can get through with my deliveries I'm watching for them now!!
  • Amen.

• God's house should always be a house of prayer,people will not like you because you preach and teach the truth.but by doing this we will bear much fruit and not wither and die at the roots. Pray and don't doubt and watch God move it's according to your faith.always forgive because your heavenly father forgives you.
  • Yes, Amen, we have to handle God's word as well as his house with the up most respect. Amen..

• This is one my favorite scriptures it has gotten me through a lot of times when I just needed to "have faith"

these verse taught me how to speak to situations in my life. My take away is verse 23 where it says " and does not doubt" I believe that faith without doubt brings about results.

• Pastor Albright, Yes, so many are compromising to please the people. They are doing themselves and the people a great dis service. Truly God will hold them responsible.
  • You must have faith to please God, doubt is not a option

• Amen. Some have made the house of God a place of mess where anything and everything goes on. We are having our choir anniversary and we are marching in well the Pastor daughter started dancing like she was in the club. I said oh No this is the house of God not the club. There is not problem in moving down the isle but to be shaking it not acceptable. The world has entered the church and we are compromising. We have to give the word of God, love and pray.

• The disapproval he gave to the money changers, and buyers, and sellers in the temple; and his strict prohibition that none should carry any vessels through it; and the argument he used from the prophecy of Isaiah, and the sharp rebuke he gave for the desecration of the holy place: and sought how they might destroy him: they took counsel together to take away his life, for they hated correction.
This reply was deleted.