Theme: Names of God God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you - Exodus 3:14 Speaking to Moses out of the burning bush, God gave himself a personal name. It has been pronounced "Jehovah" or "Yahweh", but the meaning is unmistakable. God is the great I AM, the eternal, self-existent One. He has always been, and He will always be. He depends on nothing and no one, and He never changes in His essential nature and being. He is not limited by time. He is not the "I was" or the "I will be"; He is always the I AM. Perhaps your life has been anything but stable. Perhaps your circumstances have seen many ups and downs, backwards and forwards. Perhaps you have regrets about the past or worries about the future. If so, you are like every other human being. None of us controls our own life, circumstances, or surroundings. All of us have known what it is to suffer loss, disappointment, and heartache. But God has not. Why is this comforting? Because this same God has enlisted himself on behalf of His creatures. He is not only an unchanging rock in the middle of a constantly changing world — He invites you to build your life and love on the stable rock of His character and goodness and promises. On what is your hope and future built? Is your foundation laid in this fast-sinking world, or in the great and unchanging I AM?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –