Worthy Promises Hebrews 6:12-18 We may believe that a Power greater than ourselves can restore our sanity, but still wonder how long it's going to take. Over time, we may grow discouraged at the length of the process. We may have our spirits dampened by the chaos we can't seem to escape. Some people report instant release from their addictions and the accompanying craziness. But for most of us, it will take patience to inherit the promise of a sane new life. The book of Hebrews tells us: "You will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance. For example, there was God's promise to Abraham. . . . God took an oath in his own name, saying: 'I will certainly bless you, and I will multiply your descendants beyond number.' Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised" (Hebrews 6:12-15). (The entire story of Abraham's life can be found in Genesis 11-25.) The key point to consider here is that Abraham had to wait twenty-five years to see God's promise fulfilled. There were times he took matters into his own hands, times he probably wondered if he had really received the promise at all, and times he laughed in disbelief to think that the promise would ever come true. In the end, "Abraham was now a very old man, and the LORD had blessed him in every way" (Genesis 24:1). Just because our restoration takes time doesn't mean our faith is in vain. Let's keep holding on! Since God is Truth, we can rest securely in his promises

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –