(Prov 31-vs-10-31) Final Reading.

Proverbs 31:10-31

New Living Translation (NLT)

A Wife of Noble Character

10 [a]Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
    She is more precious than rubies.
11 Her husband can trust her,
    and she will greatly enrich his life.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.

13 She finds wool and flax
    and busily spins it.
14 She is like a merchant’s ship,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household
    and plan the day’s work for her servant girls.

16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it;
    with her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She is energetic and strong,
    a hard worker.
18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable;
    her lamp burns late into the night.

19 Her hands are busy spinning thread,
    her fingers twisting fiber.
20 She extends a helping hand to the poor
    and opens her arms to the needy.
21 She has no fear of winter for her household,
    for everyone has warm[b] clothes.

22 She makes her own bedspreads.
    She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.
23 Her husband is well known at the city gates,
    where he sits with the other civic leaders.
24 She makes belted linen garments
    and sashes to sell to the merchants.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity,
    and she laughs without fear of the future.
26 When she speaks, her words are wise,
    and she gives instructions with kindness.
27 She carefully watches everything in her household
    and suffers nothing from laziness.

28 Her children stand and bless her.
    Her husband praises her:
29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
    but you surpass them all!”

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
    but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
31 Reward her for all she has done.
    Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

Footnotes:

1. 31:10 Verses 10-31 comprise a Hebrew acrostic poem; each verse begins with a successive letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
  2. 31:21 As in Greek and Latin versions; Hebrew reads scarlet.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A Virtuous Woman Thank You Lord

• Lord I thank you that you are molding me daily into a Virtuous Woman. Lord burn up everything on the inside of me that is not like you! I thank you for finishing the good work you have started in me.

Amen

•  She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.  She is more precious than rubies. Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.

• wow i never knew one women could be all this.

• Amen we certainly have to be about our father's business instead of sulking in darkness.

• What a reflection.  So many single women go through a depressing state of being when they cannot and/or do not connect with these verses.  Many miss the fact that we must be found.  That means that we are about our Fathers business and not sulking in the dark.  

• This description of the virtuous woman is designed to show women what wives should be like and what type of woman a man should choose to be his wife. She is a virtuous woman of strength through the weaker vessel yet made strong by wisdom and grace, she fear the Lord, she is a woman of spirit who has command of her spirit and knows how to manage other people, she is pious and industrious and a help mate for the man, she is a woman of resolution having good principles, she is firm and steady to them, she is not frightened with winds and clouds from any part of her duty, virtuous woman are scarce, one who has a virtuous wife should speak worth of her and show thankfulness to God, and his kindness and respect to her for her price is far above rubies and all the richest ornaments with which vain woman adorn themselves, the more rare such good wives are the more they are to be valued.

• Virtuous is defined as having or showing high standards. A Christian woman who is virtuous carries her self as such. It is wise to uphold high standards because God shows us high standards. Remember the quote "what would Jesus do"? Well I have began to ask myself this when I am approached by situations. A lady at work told me that I was very classy because I don't show favoritism and treat everyone the same. I continue to be nutual and and respect everyone without getting in their business. I told her thank you, however, it has nothing to do with class, I just want to be an example for Jesus.

I agree with Mother Shirley, I don't posses all the skills described in this passage verbatim but I know you. At the same time you have all the characteristics. We all have the same talents, we use them differently. We weave and toil by delivering the words if God. We may not make our own bedspreads or curtains but we make sure we have them . We work hard go get them. We love hard, give to the needy and pray for others before we pray for ourselves. We walk with confidence of the holy spirit. We respect one another motivating and lifting each other up. Ive seen these attributes in us all, setting high standards and Goals toward the mark of the high calling.
  • This is the woman of God we should strive to be.
  •   A WOMAN WHO FEARS THE LORD WILL BE GREATLY PRAISED. A VIRTUOUS=SHE'S A BUSINESS WOMAN, A GOOD WIFE. A GOOD MOTHER,AND  A GOOD DRESSER.  

This reply was deleted.