(Psalms 112) Week Eleven Reading..

wealth_transfer.jpg

Psalm 112

Praise the Lord.[b]

Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
    who find great delight in his commands.

Their children will be mighty in the land;
    the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in their houses,
    and their righteousness endures forever.
Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
    for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.
Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely,
    who conduct their affairs with justice.

Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
    they will be remembered forever.
They will have no fear of bad news;
    their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
    in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor,
    their righteousness endures forever;
    their horn[c] will be lifted high in honor.

10 The wicked will see and be vexed,
    they will gnash their teeth and waste away;
    the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

Footnotes:

1. Psalm 112:1 This psalm is an acrostic poem, the lines of which begin with the successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet.
  2. Psalm 112:1 Hebrew Hallelu Yah
  3. Psalm 112:9 Horn here symbolizes dignity.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lord.let us fear u and nothing eles

• Yes Lord I will obey.  God said if we delight ourselves in him He will give us the desires of our heart.  Blessed are those who fear the Lordwho find great delight in his commands.  Glory be to God; Glory be to God. 

• Amen sis. I have to agree with u sis... amen tonthat :-)
    Annette Iverson said:

We have to praise the Lord that there are people in the world who fear him and serve him, these are happy people which owe everything to his grace, their fear is not that which love cast out, but that which love brings in, it follows and flow from love, it is a fear to offend, this is both fear and trust, the heart is touched by the spirit of God as the needle touched with the loodstone turns direct and speedily to God being filled with this holy fear, blessing are laid up for the faithful and their children's children, riches are bestowed on them with as much of this world's possessions as is profitable for them. In the darkest hours of affliction and trail the light of hope and peace will spring up within them and seasonable relief shall turn mourning into joy. From God's example they learn to be kind and full of compassion as well as just in all their dealings, they use discretion that may be liberal in the manner which appears most likely to do good. Envy and slander may for a time hide its true character but they shall be in everlasting remembrance. They need not fear evil tidings a good man shall have a settled spirit and its the endeavor of true believers  to keep their minds stayed upon God so to keep them calm and undisturbed, God has promised them both cause to do so, and grace to do so, trusting God is the surest way of establishing the heart. The heart of man can not fix anywhere without satisfaction and only the truth of God, the happiness of the saints is the envy of the wicked, the desire of the wicked shall perish, their desire was wholly to the world and flesh, therefore when those perish their joy is gone but blessings of the gospel are spiritual and eternal and conferred upon the members of the Christian church through Christ their head who is the pattern of all righteousness and the giver of all grace.

• Pondering on this scripture is so heart felt, it reminds me of my grandmother who passed away a year ago. She lived this life so effortless to me. Where it seem as myself and so many other at times strive and struggle at times to remain living a life or righteousness every single second of our lives, she live her unto God as righteous as if she had no struggles at all, made it look like it was second nature. Thinking on her life as a true solider and mighty humble servant of God, it keeps  me at the foot of the cross, asking God to burn away everything and anything that would cause me to slip...thou we die daily, flesh is a definitely a war that is a battle to engage in regularly. It wars mightily against the spirit, because wars against one another.  Some of our struggles against our flesh is a more difficult battle to fight and over come for some than for others. Thank God for Christ Jesus who gives us the strength to fight any battle we face including dying to the stinky flesh we are embodied in, even that is subject to the name of Christ if one truly will to serve the Lord.

When I read Psalms 112 this is so easily defined but so difficult to do. To live righteously simply means ‘do right’ but to always be right means that you must live as Christ lives and affords us the example. My grandma Sarah, who died last October, I believe, the most righteous person I’ve known, and my dad who was a Prophet passed away in March 2012, showed and displayed such integrity, and live righteously. I consider myself fortunate to have inherited genes that have a human tendency to be like Christ and I strive to to keep the faith and walked the walk that they did. To do so would show wisdom.

• I fear you Lord. I will follow your voice. If I am faithful to my father and seek ur kingdom and stay in your face all these things will be added. 

• Amen, we all have to do is follow after the Lord and we God will use us to touch the lives of others in ways that we will never understand to God be the Glory.  Amen

• According to my Faith.  Yes, Lord.  I shall walk upright and fearless because I trust in the Lord, I will not be moved.  My overflow allows me to bless the poor near and far.  Wealth and riches in every aspect of the words and my beings are in natural and spiritual home.  I hear the birds singing Praise Hosanna Jehovah.  

• We have to praise the Lord that there are people in the world who fear him and serve him, these are happy people which owe everything to his grace, their fear is not that which love cast out, but that which love brings in, it follows and flow from love, it is a fear to offend, this is both fear and trust, the heart is touched by the spirit of God as the needle touched with the loodstone turns direct and speedily to God being filled with this holy fear, blessing are laid up for the faithful and their children's children, riches are bestowed on them with as much of this world's possessions as is profitable for them. In the darkest hours of affliction and trail the light of hope and peace will spring up within them and seasonable relief shall turn mourning into joy. From God's example they learn to be kind and full of compassion as well as just in all their dealings, they use discretion that may be liberal in the manner which appears most likely to do good. Envy and slander may for a time hide its true character but they shall be in everlasting remembrance. They need not fear evil tidings a good man shall have a settled spirit and its the endeavor of true believers  to keep their minds stayed upon God so to keep them calm and undisturbed, God has promised them both cause to do so, and grace to do so, trusting God is the surest way of establishing the heart. The heart of man can not fix anywhere without satisfaction and only the truth of God, the happiness of the saints is the envy of the wicked, the desire of the wicked shall perish, their desire was wholly to the world and flesh, therefore when those perish their joy is gone but blessings of the gospel are spiritual and eternal and conferred upon the members of the Christian church through Christ their head who is the pattern of all righteousness and the giver of all grace.

• Amen, confirmation is good.  Most of us agree, declare and decree every blessing, wealth and riches over our lives.

Shawn Love-Wf us agree, illiams said:

Hallelujah! I am in agreement with both of you Aurora and Pastor Teyshana,And Declare and Decree every blessing, wealth and riches over my life and all that God has for me in keeping his commandments, in Jesus Name!!! Thank you Lord!!!
  • Praise the Lord.  I declare and decree that those who fear the Lord, and find great delight in his commands are bless, I declare and decree the children will mighty in the land, I declare and decree that the upright will be bless, in the name of Jesus, I declare and decree that wealth and riches and there righteousness will endure forever, I declare and decree that those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous will be blessed.  I declare and decree that good will come to those who are generous and lend freely.  This is my prayer for us all, I declare and decree it is done, in the might name of Jesus.  Amen.

This reply was deleted.