Psalm 20[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;
    may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.
May he send you help from the sanctuary
    and grant you support from Zion.
May he remember all your sacrifices
    and accept your burnt offerings.[b]
May he give you the desire of your heart
    and make all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy over your victory
    and lift up our banners in the name of our God.

May the Lord grant all your requests.

Now this I know:
    The Lord gives victory to his anointed.
He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary
    with the victorious power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
    but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Footnotes:

1. Psalm 20:1 In Hebrew texts 20:1-9 is numbered 20:2-10.
  2. Psalm 20:3 The Hebrew has Selah (a word of uncertain meaning) here.

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• trust in the Lord and He will lead us.
  • WOW,THE LORD GIVES VICTORY TO HIS ANOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!GOD IS R REFUGE AND STRENGTH PRAISING HIM WITH JOY........

• This is an awesome Psalms.  I trust in the name of the Lord our God.  The assurance of what David knew about his God because of relationship is amazing.   I concur with David, I am assured and know who God is and what he is capable of doing.  Now this I know! 

• This scripture reminds of how God loves us so. It reminds me of he is mindful of each and every one of us.

• Amen Prophetess Dannetta I am waiting also and do trust in the Lord

Prophetess Dannetta Moore said:

Yes God.  I know that you await my call and obedience to your response.  I am God's anointed and in His name alone do I trust.  Thee Anointed.  My God such a revelation on today through God's word.  

• A very beautiful verses.

•  He answers her  from his heavenly sanctuary with  the victorious power of his right hand..

I love you daddy :-)

• This is a psalm of prayer and thanksgiving for the king David that I can apply to my own life, in times of trouble God will answer my cry, he will keep me from all harm, he will give me strength, may he remember all m gifts and look favorably on all my sacrifices and offerings, may he grant me my hearts desires and make all my plans successful, may I shout for joy in my victory and raise a banner of victory in the name of the Lord my God, may God answer all my prayers just as God rescued his anointed king, he will answer me from his holy heaven by his great power. I will boast in the name of the Lord my God and take a firm stand, answer my cry for help O Lord.

• My God; My God!  The Lord not only loves his anointed, but he saves his anointed.   The whole verse is a very fitting benediction to be pronounced by a gracious heart over a child, a friend, or a minister, in prospect of trial; it includes both temporal and spiritual protection, and directs the mind to the great source of all good. How delightful to believe that our heavenly Father has pronounced it upon our favored heads!

• Yes God.  I know that you await my call and obedience to your response.  I am God's anointed and in His name alone do I trust.  Thee Anointed.  My God such a revelation on today through God's word.  

This reply was deleted.