ADD TO YOUR FAITH -- KNOWLEDGE 2 Peter 1:5 We are admonished to add knowledge to our faith, diligently along with virtue. The definition of knowledge = 1. To know. 2. A clear and certain perception of something. 3. Practical experience. What you personally know about something to be a fact because you have experienced it. Ex: hot fudge sundaes are good, or God answers prayer. 4. Acquaintance or familiarity with a fact, person, place. Ex: I know him or her. I’ve been there. I know how to add math. 5. Information: a bunch of facts accumulated. Ex: when I have all the information, then I can made a good decision. 6. Knowledge is your range of awareness or understanding, so we are told to broaden our range of awareness or understanding. In Scripture the world knowledge is used a lot: There is a knowledge of salvation which we receive in order to be forgiven Luke 1:77 “Oh the depths of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out.” Rom 11:33 The Bible says that we are the instruments tht God uses to spread the knowledge of God to others! II Cor 2:14 “Give to you the knowledge of Him” Eph 1:17 “the knowledge of the Son of God” Eph 4:13 “I count all thing but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord” Phil 3:8 This knowledge of Jesus Christ was what Paul wanted more than anything else in the whole world! This must be very important, and we should also desire the same. Paul said elsewhere “that I may know him and the fellowship of his sufferings”. Phil 4:10 And again, “to know him and the power of his resurrection” Phil 4:11 There is another dimension or level of spiritual awareness that we can attain to where we actually KNOW the living God and His Son, Jesus Christ, Intimately! Walking, talking and living in His presence! Oh it is so wonderful! “That your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment. Abound in what? In knowledge! Why? “That ye may approve things that are excellent. (able to judge right and wrong). Phil 1:9-10 “filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding” Col 1:9-10 “that ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in knowledge of God.” Col 1:9-10 Here we see that our knowledge of God can increase. So we have it! The Scriptures over and over emphasize the importance of the “knowledge” of God and His Dear Son. If we have no knowledge added to our faith, how can we know how to be chase, good, kind, generous or virtuous? We must “know” in order to perform that which we are to do. However, if we know God and His ways, we can be wise and know exactly how to be virtuous in every circumstance. Take for example Generosity. Generosity is good, a much needed virtue, but we need to know when, to whom and understand under what conditions we are to give to a person in need. We must know the mind of God and His WILL, in order to act aright. His ways, how would He react, how can we please Him? So we must seek Him anew. We must seek Him anew with all our hearts, through much prayer and personal time alone with Him. Meditating on Him and His ways and His will and on the Word of God. We need to seek to be turned around in a NEW way and a deeper way, with higher desires until our hearts can find nothing as fulfilling as being in His presence and communion with Him as the most important thing in our life! God promises to us: “Draw nigh unto Me and I will draw nigh unto you” Jam 4:8 “Those who seek me with all their heart will find me” Deut 4:29 The kingdom shall be increased in you and you will not be a woman who stands ashamed, but you will be a beautiful transformed woman of God, pleasing to your heavenly Father in all your ways. If you seek Him you will come to KNOW Him! And what greater reward can we have on this earth than this?

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amen. Knowledge is like a book!! What’s the use in reading if your not going to apply it. Why seek or even ask for knowledge if your not going to use it. Like knowing Christ but according to 2 Timothy 3:5 Having  a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. You got the knowledge but turn away from it because you refuse to use it. 

This reply was deleted.