ADD TO YOUR FAITH -- TEMPERANCE What is temperance? Self restraint – in conduct, expression and indulgence in appetites. Moderation in eating and drinking. What Does Self Restraint Mean? Self -- by your own will or power Restraint – limitation of liberty, control over emotions and impulses, reserve, to hold back, to curb, to repress. To keep under control, to limit. So I would say that temperance is: controlling oneself to moderation and not excess. To hold back ungodly conduct or expression of any kind, so that the life of Christ may come forth. Putting the old nature under subjection; thus walking in and yielding to the Holy Spirit. James tells us to bridle our tongues, or bring it under control of the Spirit. Not to speak words that hurt, that condemn, that criticize or that are obscene. For example: yelling when we are exasperated instead of controlling ourselves in the midst of the situation or keeping our mouth shut when we are insulted. Being a nagging wife, a complainer or a gossiper all comes from our mouths. Actually from our hearts really. Proverbs 30:32 says, “If you have played the fool and exalted yourself, or if you have planned evil, clap your hand over your mouth.” This could apply to us today as well, when we want to retort back to someone in words that would hurt them, speaking in anger words that would dis-please our Lord. At these times, then it would be good to “clap our hands over our mouths before we say what we really “think” and get into trouble and into sin. Other areas that we may need temperance over are: Over-thinking-and -over speaking Over indulging in ANY area of our life Looks and glances to show our displeasure Bodily gestures which can say a thousand words So let’s ask ourselves what areas that we need self control in? When we answer this, then we need to pray that these virtues will be formed in us and incorporated into our lives by the power of the Spirit and our cooperation with Him. I am so thankful that we have a lifetime to learn and incorporate all these wonderful virtues into our lives, and that we don’t have to do it all at once. Sometimes I think I will NEVER learn all that I am suppose to before the Lord takes me home, but we are only responsible to contend and press towards the mark until the day of our homecoming! We CAN DO IT! We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus and we have the power residing inside of us as new creatures in Christ to be a Bride without Spot or Wrinkle for His Glory, to shine forth as a light in this dark and dreary world. May the Lord Bless You.-GAPE EVERY1!!!!!!!!!!

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –