ADD TO YOUR FAITH -- KINDNESS 2 Peter 1:5 The definition of kindness is as follows: sympathetic, friendly, gentle, tender-hearted, generous, courteous, and cordial. Tenderhearted means soft, not tough, hard or firm. Easily broken. Your heart is very compassionate and sensitive to other people’s pain. Fragile, gentle and mild. Expressing love and sympathy. Affectionate and considerate. Unwilling to pain others. Possessing a soft delicate quality. Affection = fond or tender feeling towards, a warm liking, the state of mind towards our brothers and sisters. Courteous= polite, using good manners towards another, gracious, considerate of others and respectful. Boy, our society surely does not laud these qualities today, do they? “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!” How do you want to be treated? How would you want people to act if you were in their situation? Having time to listen, or making time to listen. Sometimes kindness inconveniences us. We may be rushing and we get stopped by a brother or sister. They want to share something with you and it delays your agenda or schedule, but we make time for them, because this is the “kind” thing to do. Kindness often is going the extra mile. Oftentimes it is something unexpected that comes up. It is not a duty that we NEED to perform, but an extra mile we do going beyond the norm for someone else. We have to MAKE time, by giving of ourselves and our own plans and schedules when they get interrupted. EXAMPLES: Reading a story to your child and sitting real close to them. Making a soda or coffee unexpectedly for your husband. Taking a friend, sister, neighbor a pie (making 2 instead of 1) Going over to pet the dog because you sense it is lonely. Letting someone go ahead in a grocery line with fewer items Giving sandwiches and drinks to workers around your house, the tree man, yard man, men who work long hours in a day for you. Listening to someone on the phone or in person who just needs to talk. Yielding the right of way to an impatient driver Making cookies or bread for a new neighbor, or for kids in the neighborhood at Christmas time. Taking a meal to a sick neighbor or sister THOUGHTFULNESS is involved as we do these acts of kindness. Love develops in our hearts for others, affection and tenderness develops in our hearts. We begin to take on the character and qualities of our Lord and become more like Him as we do these small acts of kindness towards others. Remember what He told us, “When you have done it to the least of these My little ones, you have done it unto Me?” And people begin to see your light shine by your good works, and your Heavenly Father is Glorified!! And that is what we really want isn’t it? So let us learn to be kind, having brotherly affection one towards the other. Becoming sensitive to each others and their needs. Being friendly and warn. Being courteous one towards another, beginning to develop a dignity and inner graciousness. the Word says, “Putting on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering, forbearing one another and forgiving one another—if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. And above all thee things put on charity (or love) which is the bond of perfectness.”

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –