Revival: Unity Precedes Blessing

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.—Acts 4:32-33

...unity of mind on the part of the people of God precedes the blessing. I have often heard people pray, "Oh Lord, send the Holy Spirit that we may become a united people." That is all right except it is precisely backwards. The Holy Spirit comes because we are a united people; He does not come to make us a united people. Our prayer should be more like, "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life." That's the way we should pray....

This teaches us that unity is necessary to the outpouring of the Spirit of God. If you have 120 volts of electricity coming into your house but you have broken wiring, you may turn the switch, but nothing works-no lights come on, the stove doesn't warm, your radio doesn't turn on. Why? Because you have broken wiring. The power is ready to do its work with all the appliances in your home, but where there is broken wiring, you have no power. Unity is necessary among the children of God if we are going to know the flow of power.

"Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Prophetess Dannetta Moore said:

My God.  For this very reason, our encounter is going to be no other.  We are coming together in unity, reverencing our Father God because of who He is.  Yes He has done great and marvelous things for, with, and through us but, we reverence Him just because He is I am that I am, God alone.

• My God.  For this very reason, our encounter is going to be no other.  We are coming together in unity, reverencing our Father God because of who He is.  Yes He has done great and marvelous things for, with, and through us but, we reverence Him just because He is I am that I am, God alone.

• Unity is important, it is necessary to the outpouring of the spirit of God, unity is necessary among the children of God if we are going to know the flow of power, Lord help me to get united so the blessings might flow and there might be a outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen

• 1 Corinthians 12:11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.  U-N-I-T-Y. That's what we are all one body in Christ. This is kingdom building, we stand strong in numbers and the Holy Ghost will give us the power.

John 14:15-3

If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.  In this passage Jesus refers to orphans notably referring to more than one individual.  The disciples were already united  and it clearly states that Jesus, allelujah is going to ask his father, note, the level of respect,pray the father and ask him to send a helper.  That helper being the Holy Spirit  to abide within the union.  Thank you Jesus, this is powerful stuff Pastor Teyshana, Thank you.  
    When the saints get on one accord and bless the Lord, the King of Glory shall come in.

• We have read in scripture that Herod Antipas, Pontious Pilate the Governor, the Gentiles, and the people of Israel were all UNITED against Jesus when He was crucified. The Sovereign Lord Creator of the Universe, Heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them. But everything they did was determined beforehand according to God's will. In the Upper Room the disciples prayed O'Lord give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word. Stretch out your hand with healing power; many signs and wonders be done through the name of your Holy Servant, your son JESUS. After that prayer the meeting place shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost. Then they preached the Word of God with Boldness. If we would just become a united people with one mind, with one accord the out pouring of the precious Holy Ghost would shake up this nation and turn it back to it's foundation "In God we Trust" not man , nor money, prestige, fortune and fame. But in the one True and Living God. "we have heard the saying together we stand, devided we fall, where there is unity there is strength. Let's stand for something (Jesus and His righteousness, His Holiness)are we will fall for anything that the world offer. We must be united in Christ Jesus, for the purpose, plan, and promises of God. Mother: Pastor Shirley Lee. I agree with all of my daughter's comments, and enjoyed there remarks. Heaven is depending on us. God has chosen us. We must be one as Jesus and the Father are one.
  • Amen I am 100% in agreement with this. We need unity in order to be effective as the Body of Christ.
  • I am in unity with the word of God
  • If were we all of one accord.....united to doing God's work, can you imagine the power and authority we would have, and what a better world this would be to live in....Glory to God.....

• I" in agreement with all my sistah's!!!! Unity is soo important.. Unity of the mind and of the Spirit. If the Holy Ghost could only come when everyone was on one accord... then that speaks to the importance of unity. Can u imagine what we can do when we come together in unity??? NOTHING would be impossible for us. Let's Get It!!!

• I agree with Aurora and Shaloria! Amen. Lord help us get untied so that your blessings flow in Jesus Name.

This reply was deleted.