Revival: Unity Precedes Blessing

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.—Acts 4:32-33

...unity of mind on the part of the people of God precedes the blessing. I have often heard people pray, "Oh Lord, send the Holy Spirit that we may become a united people." That is all right except it is precisely backwards. The Holy Spirit comes because we are a united people; He does not come to make us a united people. Our prayer should be more like, "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life." That's the way we should pray....

This teaches us that unity is necessary to the outpouring of the Spirit of God. If you have 120 volts of electricity coming into your house but you have broken wiring, you may turn the switch, but nothing works-no lights come on, the stove doesn't warm, your radio doesn't turn on. Why? Because you have broken wiring. The power is ready to do its work with all the appliances in your home, but where there is broken wiring, you have no power. Unity is necessary among the children of God if we are going to know the flow of power.

"Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."

You need to be a member of I Am A Ruby Network! to add comments!

Join I Am A Ruby Network!

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Amen lord I received it and obtain it in Jesus name amen
  • amen lord i obtain in jesus name 

• "Lord, help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life. Amen."

• Help the body of Christ too get this one right father God and quickly.. bring us into unity immediately Father God in the name of Jesus that we may walk in the abundance of everything you HAVR for your ppl, you desire not to hold nothing good from us. Help us in the name of Jesus the Christ Amen..
  • Amen.

• My God, how true, Lord please don't never let me think that what I have is mine, it all belongs to you, so your Glory shall come forth..All the Glory belongs to you..I am just a willing vessel, uniting with my brothers and sister for building your Kingdom.  Amen..

• Amen I repeat that prayer "Lord help us to get united in order that the blessing might flow and there might be an outpouring of oil and dew and life" Amen there is power in unity and with that power we can conquer the enemies territory. Let get and stay united. My take away is the (unity of mind) on the part of God's people precedes the blessing

• Yes! Let it be outpouring of the blessing flows in unity and power.
  • Two heads are better than one. Let us be united as one under the blood of Jesus, under the direction of the Holy Spirit and by the plans of God.

• Lord help me to keep connected to you and receiving the power through prayer. Let my light shine.

This reply was deleted.